What's new

Remove Sam

hitmax22

Reaction score
. . . I have an iPhone 4 locked on Orange . i've unlocked it with SAM with a O2 sim and worked quite good. . . and now i wanted to FACTORY UNLOCK it beacuse after i request orange for unlock they sent me a mail saying if u have been unlocked before by any other method your phone may be damaged while this process(factory unlock). how can i remove the SAM unlock . . . i need to rever UNLOCK . . . is it possible ?
How ?

I hv uninstalled also removed the lockdown folder but no use. I dont want to restore coz when i restore using itunes its asking me to update.

Plzz helpp

Last edited:
Once you've uninstalled SAM that's all there is to it. Just deactivate the phone with Redsn0w and then use the official carrier unlock.

No, uninstalling SAM will not roll back the changes it made on your device. You'll still see the specific carrier mentioned under Settings>General>About>Carrier instead of Carrier Lab written there. The only solution is to delete Sam and then either deactivate the phone using RedSn0w or remove the whole LockDown folder from your device. :)