What's new

Re-Locking, Un-Jailbreaking, and returning iPhone 3GS to factory settings

Hi Jmills87,

I had an iphone 3gs on contract with AT&T and i didn't know that i could get it unlocked from the AT&T guys after completing my contract. So i upgraded the baseband to iPad BB, jailbroke using redsnow 0.9.10b8 ipsw 5.1 and unlocked it using ultrasnow. But the problem is that i have to tether reboot everytime the phone powers off or else it does not detect the service and gives a "No Service" error.
I contacted AT&T and they gave me the instructions to unlock the phone which is basically restoring the phone with iTunes.
I wanted to ask if i should restore it with iTunes or just wait for the untethered jailbreak to arrive? I know i can not downgrade or upgrade from the iPad BB but is there a solution to this problem? I would have never jailbroken or upgraded the firmware to iPad BB if i knew i could get it unlocked from the AT&T people.

Please help..!!

Thanks in advance.

Now that you are on the 06.15.00 baseband, the only way to unlock is with Ultrasn0w. The AT&T unlock will not work on iPhones with the iPad baseband installed.

Get your phone unlocked from at&t, and wait for apple to release a new iOS update which will eventually modify the basband which will be supported by at&t unlock!