What's new

Restoring Iphone 4 to factory setting

Bodee2010

Reaction score
I have iphone 4 with iOS 4.1 and baseband 02.10.04 locked but I did jailbreak for it using greenpoison and I use it as Ipod, now I want to restore it to factory setting without change either the baseband or the iOS version, what the steps should I follow?
I search for this subject but I didn't found any thread about this matter. please help me?
________
Amabelle1

Last edited:
Did you press the make my life easier button in cydia? If so make sure it says you have SHSH's saves for 4.1 (should be in green at the top) If so follow these steps.

Download the 4.1 firmware from apple here.

You will need to modify the iTunes hosts file so it verifies the restore with cydia and not apple. To do this navigate to C:Windows\System32\drivers\etc and open the file hosts with notepad, at the bottom on a new line copy and past this;

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Remember to save your changes then restart your computer. Now you can hold shift while clicking restore and show iTunes the file you downloaded. It will then restore your phone to 4.1...

I'm curious, could he just go into Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings"? Would this accomplish the same thing?

It's not technically a restore as your not reinstalling the iOS...

But your deleting the jailbreak and apps aren't you? So you could jailbreak again, right?

But your deleting the jailbreak and apps aren't you? So you could jailbreak again, right?

I think so. I've only ever done it once or twice. If your having problems with your phone and wish to restore but don't want to update or bother with SHSH's its perhaps a good idea to do that first.

From what I remember you only have to activate your phone in iTunes again then resync? Would you be able to load a backup without restoring...?