What's new

Poor Battery Life

hookbill said:
Is there a point to that statement? If you are saying you conditioned your battery you are not reading the thread. What we learned was that dropping the battery down to 10T conditions the OS. If you think otherwise then you should read the entire thread. Skull has also put a link to dresearch tat explains how this works.

Since I am new hear just trying to give another observation my phone went dead at 10% when I was having poor battery life. After recharging it now is back to normal. Take it for what you want just another observation is this not what we are all hear for.

Since I am new hear just trying to give another observation my phone went dead at 10% when I was having poor battery life. After recharging it now is back to normal. Take it for what you want just another observation is this not what we are all hear for.

The reason for my question of what the point was is we are discussing battery life. Now if you read the thread we would agree with you that running your battery down to 10% was a good idea but it did not calibrate your battery. We are trying to eliminate the myths. Hopefully that's what you take out of it, your OS is what got conditioned, not the battery.

hookbill said:
The reason for my question of what the point was is we are discussing battery life. Now if you read the thread we would agree with you that running your battery down to 10% was a good idea but it did not calibrate your battery. We are trying to eliminate the myths. Hopefully that's what you take out of it, your OS is what got conditioned, not the battery.

I did understand that I was agreeing with you my OS was wrong it thought I still had10% but in fact it was 0% I was basically agreeing with what was said. Just stating another persons observation.

hookbill said:
And you've been fine. But the point here is that you can't condition the lithium battery even if you wanted to. As Skull points out you condition the OS when you drop it down to 10% and you don't need to do it on a regular basis. That tells the OS when to expect the battery to lose power.

You should try reading before posting. The point is I know you can't condition the battery. That is why I posted the screenshot along with my statement.

A useful link for everyone Apple - BatteriesApple says...
If you use your iPod, iPhone, iPad, or notebook in temperatures higher than 95° F (or 35° C), you may permanently damage your battery’s capacity. That is, your battery won’t power your device as long on any given charge. You may damage it even more if you charge the device in these temperatures. Even storing a battery in a hot environment can damage it irreversibly.
As I said the information is readily available for anyone that is interested - but you have to spend a bit of time reading up to date material and separate the chaff from the wheat. Apple of course will give you their recommended usage pattern of the battery that they used for the device. Just because a battery has no memory does not mean that there are no lifespan affecting issues that you should be aware of.

.... and if the Mods allow it another link with much more in depth information - Advantages & Limitations of the Lithium-ion Battery - Battery University if link missing do a internet search for 'batteryuniverse'

You should try reading before posting. The point is I know you can't condition the battery. That is why I posted the screenshot along with my statement.

I did read your post. I concurred saying that you can't condition the battery.

hello,
sorry if my question is not very relevant to this thread but since it's related to battery life I will try to ask anyway.
I've got my new iPhone which I'll replace my old Droid X. It's around 2 years old but functioning pretty well. I decided to keep it just in case something happen to my new one :)
My question is: what is the best way to keep to preserver battery? Should I fully charge it before powering off or etc ? or it doesn't matter?
Thanks

susja said:
hello,
sorry if my question is not very relevant to this thread but since it's related to battery life I will try to ask anyway.
I've got my new iPhone which I'll replace my old Droid X. It's around 2 years old but functioning pretty well. I decided to keep it just in case something happen to my new one :)
My question is: what is the best way to keep to preserver battery? Should I fully charge it before powering off or etc ? or it doesn't matter?
Thanks

40% charge and pull the battery. Discharge and charge up every three months.

If you can keep the battery in the refrigerator, you can store it there at 40% charge for up to a year since the average temp is around 45F.

This week I've tried something new with my phone and I've been keeping it plugged in while at work but then not plugging it in while at home. So sorta opposite of what everyone else does (not plugged in all day, plugged in over night).

This seems to be working well and is giving the battery a better chance to discharge which also seems to be helping my overall battery life in the long run. (Not saying I'm conditioning the battery but that I have seen improvement over a period of time.)

Thanks for the help.

My iPhone 5 after a full charge cycle. And I play Zynga games which are the worst battery hogs.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351208591.325326.jpg

Not bad considering my average signal at work is 2 bars.

Well I previously stated that my phone dies every day. It gets below 10% everyday, followed by a full charge. I have reinstalled the OS.. All that. Still shocking.

Yesterday I experienced a problem too with battery. My battery was charged to 94% in the morning. During the day at work, I only received a short call of 10 secs and check some emails quickly during lunch time. At 14h00 the battery was down to 10%, by 15h00 it was completely dead.
That’s terrible, my two-year old iPhone 4 used to last all day with at least 60% left with that kind of minimum use.

Yesterday I experienced a problem too with battery. My battery was charged to 94% in the morning. During the day at work, I only received a short call of 10 secs and check some emails quickly during lunch time. At 14h00 the battery was down to 10%, by 15h00 it was completely dead.
That’s terrible, my two-year old iPhone 4 used to last all day with at least 60% left with that kind of minimum use.

Replace the battery. Odds are you are already past 400 deep cycle charges. In fact I would wager you are closer to 600 based on that description. Because that sounds like a battery that is holding less than a 60% charge. And no ability to hold the top end charge so your average voltage is probably closer to 3.3 volts than 3.7.