What's new

Poor Battery Life

Replace the battery. Odds are you are already past 400 deep cycle charges. In fact I would wager you are closer to 600 based on that description. Because that sounds like a battery that is holding less than a 60% charge. And no ability to hold the top end charge so your average voltage is probably closer to 3.3 volts than 3.7.

He is talking about his 5 I think. I doubt he has done 400 deep cycles on it yet

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

He is talking about his 5 I think. I doubt he has done 400 deep cycles on it yet

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I believe after re-reading, you are 100% correct. Thank you for pointing that out.

Ok ignore my last post unless you really do have an iPhone with a battery that old in it ;)

Replace the battery. Odds are you are already past 400 deep cycle charges. In fact I would wager you are closer to 600 based on that description. Because that sounds like a battery that is holding less than a 60% charge. And no ability to hold the top end charge so your average voltage is probably closer to 3.3 volts than 3.7.

How do you replace the battery? 400 deep cycle charges? I got that phone just one week ago.

Yes iCloud can be a battery hog.

I am positive now, the fetch in iCloud was draining my battery.

I have changed the settings to: Settings> Mail, Contacts>Advanced>icloud>, Push, set to Manual instead of Fetch.
My Phone was 100% charged this morning, have taken a few long calls around 20min each, have been listening to streaming radio for hours, have been playing music off the phone through Creative D100 Bluetooth Speakers for hours and around 20h00, I have 51% of battery left. Bluetooth, WiFi and GPS have been on as usual. So this is a big improvement compared to Friday when the phone was drained dead by 15h00 though it was barely used.

Last edited:
Thank you! Such a lot of info in such a small solution! Thanx! I was browsing the web to see what I can do to increase batt life, but now realised that I first have to do the basics! Teach my os what capacity my batt is....thanx skull!!

$image.jpg

My iPhone 5 after deep cycle & reset network