What's new

Polite notice about jailbreaking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Software

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Well, a lot of the American providers will not allow their phones to be jailbroken, some have the rights to remove plans from your original package and somehave the rights to block your phone and blacklist it. This thread will be here to pretty much clear things up with new jailbreakers. When you agree a contract with a provider you must not violate any terms of conditions of them as the inital phone and package is theirs. If you do there may be a rule in their Terms of Conditions that may end you up losing your phone or even be sued in court. Many companies will stop you from tethering and using your data while others may prosecute you. If they have such rule the court will be on their side, so read the Terms and conditions and do not violate any company's rules.

I'm sorry if there has been such thread before.

Many thanks,
Software

Posted through the iPF.net application for iPad mini!

Hello guys,

Well, a lot of the American providers will not allow their phones to be jailbroken, some have the rights to remove plans from your original package and somehave the rights to block your phone and blacklist it. This thread will be here to pretty much clear things up with new jailbreakers. When you agree a contract with a provider you must not violate any terms of conditions of them as the inital phone and package is theirs. If you do there may be a rule in their Terms of Conditions that may end you up losing your phone or even be sued in court. Many companies will stop you from tethering and using your data while others may prosecute you. If they have such rule the court will be on their side, so read the Terms and conditions and do not violate any company's rules.

I'm sorry if there has been such thread before.

Many thanks,
Software

Posted through the iPF.net application for iPad mini!

I'm just curious.. Would you mind showing one single example in USA of someone getting sued because they jailbroke their phone? Or even one single terms of service from a USA carrier that says they could sue you for jailbrking... Or one single example of someone getting prosecuted. Lol. You are kidding, right? Prosecution? Jailtime? Lol. Are you just making this nonsense up as you go?

I'm sorry but you are doing a tremendous disservice with your misinformation. It voids your warrantee, that is all. NO ONE IS GETTING ARRESTED. NO ONE IS GETTING SUED. Certainly not for flashing firmware on a cell phone YOU OWN.

This legal document stating that jailbrking a phone IS NOT ILLEGAL took me all of 12 seconds to locate on google... It's also a 3 year old decision... Hop back in your hot tub time machine and research it yourself next time first..

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/threatlevel/2010/07/dmcaexemps.pdf

Also, another article from Wired about the decision ALMOST THREE YEAR AGO.... Lol...
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/07/feds-ok-iphone-jailbreaking/

Last edited:
I did not state that jailbreakimg is illegal I stated that it may violate carrier terms of conditions and my end could sued by the carrier.

Many thanks,
Software

Thank you for this information. I, however, will ALWAYS Jailbreak my iPhone regardless of what my wireless provider, or the government, deems illegal or a breach of contract.

People, our loyal member base, do not be scared or deterred by this thread!! You will find very few, if any, REAL cases where an iPhone user was dropped and/or sued by his/her wireless provider solely for Jailbreaking their iPhone.

thank you Justin for those words of wisdom,i don't think this thread is going anywhere so i will close it.

Nothing you said was true. Jailbreaking is 100% legal and they would not have the right to confiscate your hardware just for jailbreaking and you are definitely not going to get sued. Also the FCC has already ruled that they CANNOT prevent you from using 3rd party tethering software(at least in the case of Verizon). At the absolute most, the carrier could terminate your contract, but I've never even heard of that happening.

http://lifehacker.com/5933152/the-right-to-tether-what-the-verizonfcc-settlement-means-to-you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.