What's new

Thinking about Jailbreaking

pcshrink

Reaction score
Hi, I am thinking about Jailbreaking my iPhone 4. I already downloaded the Greenpoison jailbreak and tried it on my iPod Touch, worked like a charm. I am hesitant on my iPhone because I rely on it so much for work. Anyway, I was told that after you jailbreak it you have to re-register or re-set it up it through itunes. Is this right? Can someone please tell me what happens after you jailbreak your phone? I mean, can I just jailbreak it and use it like normal (make a call, etc..). Thanks for any advice.

Once you jailbreak it, that's it. Back it up before, jailbreak, then use, no problem

yup, once you are done with you jailbreak, you can use your phone like normal :). Just make sure to back up your phone before you do, just to be safe

if your phone is all ready activated you wont have to do anything. Jailbreak, download your apps, then add sources. Less then 5 minutes.

everything will be exactly the same when youre just finished jailbreaking, except youl have 1 or 2 more icons, then you can download stuff from them. and if you want you can custumize it..... i dont think the jailbreak has been released ye tho, i been waiting for it for a long time

Ummm, this is the Verizon iPhone 4 forum... We have had the jailbreak since 1-2 days after the iPhone came out... What are you waiting for again?

Everything should be fine... As far as voiding your warranty just make sure you restore the phone to a legit firmware (unjailbroken) before you take it to apple for repairs, etc. It's kinda like rooting an android and restoring it to a legit rom before taking it to an official store for review/repair. It's worth it though.. I jailbroke my girlfriends iPhone so she can get hello kitty themes... -_- don't ask haha.

thanks for all the advice! I am feeling more comfortable about jailbreaking now...

I have a question about the greenpoison jailbreak, it looks like it is for 4.2.1. But it sounds like people are using it to jailbreak 4.2.6, which is what I have on my phone. Will the greenpoison jailbreak work on 4.2.6?

It should I don't see why not. The firmware it can jailbreak should be in the description of the software you are using to jailbreak. I have 4.3.1 and I'm all jailbroken even though it's a tethered jailbreak...

PMac said:
I have a question about the greenpoison jailbreak, it looks like it is for 4.2.1. But it sounds like people are using it to jailbreak 4.2.6, which is what I have on my phone. Will the greenpoison jailbreak work on 4.2.6?

I used greenpoison to jailbreak my viPhone

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

It should I don't see why not. The firmware it can jailbreak should be in the description of the software you are using to jailbreak. I have 4.3.1 and I'm all jailbroken even though it's a tethered jailbreak...

Why on earth would you be on a tethered jailbreak for 4.3.1? Untethered has been out for a while!

I personally wouldnt want to have to reply on a computer to boot my phone.

Long story short my computer decided to stop Working. I've been so busy with work i haven't had the chance to fix my jailbreak haha. Plus AT&T (where I work) frowns upon downloading files onto their PCs so ive been crossing my fingers hoping I won't have to reboot my phone haha. Fml as usual. I'll get around to it no doubt.