What's new

Pod2g now has all 5.1 exploits needed and is working on bypassing ASLR

Yes me toooooo. Very impressed. Damn I envy your knowledge Skull One.lol

You guys are way too kind.

And please don't envy me. The reason I retired in very early 2000 was because it was either my marriage or hacking. Non-hackers don't realize the mental tolls and hours needed to make certain types of breakthroughs.

But like most hackers that finally do go fully "commercial", lets just say that my programming career has been "very very good to me" since that switch over. :D

So if iOn1c is going to sell his findings, does that mean he is selling his finding to apple? Or to spammers that can steal are information?

So if iOn1c is going to sell his findings, does that mean he is selling his finding to apple? Or to spammers that can steal are information?
Yes, I have that same question. I don't understand the idea of "selling out" or "going commercial" as a hacker. Do you work for the "original company" that you used to hack 'against'? Is that the idea? Who is iOn1c going to work FOR? - where (s)he can make more $?

He would most likely be selling it to companies that provide iPhones to their employees so that they can make them more secure.

Other hackers, like Charlie Miller, submit their exploits to hacking competitions such as "Pwn 2 Own" where there are large cash prizes for the best exploits.

Last edited:
I am new to jailbreaking so this may be a dumb question. But, cant companies simply download the jailbreak, reverse engineer it and find the exploit that way?

ardchoille said:
I am new to jailbreaking so this may be a dumb question. But, cant companies simply download the jailbreak, reverse engineer it and find the exploit that way?

Perhaps that is what they do with userland exploits. Bootrom exploits, like Limera1n......nope.

That's why i0n1c was chastising pod2g. By releasing the exploits to the public, the security companies make their money simply by selling the free public tools, that somebody else created, to the companies. i0n1c doesn't want the exploits to be distributed to the public because it interferes with his work.

Ok so he is selling out to make it harder on us to jailbreak our devices. Pretty much like fighting against the community?

Jmills87 said:
That's why i0n1c was chastising pod2g. By releasing the exploits to the public, the security companies make their money simply by selling the free public tools, that somebody else created, to the companies. i0n1c doesn't want the exploits to be distributed to the public because it interferes with his work.

Ah, ok, makes sense.

No, he's not fighting against the jailbreak community, he's just not going to give away his work for free anymore. Won't matter since pod2g and others will continue working for free.

I get the point that i0n1c is making and have to agree with the direction he is taking.

A person with other means of income or support and hacking in their spare time needs or demands no reward other than the 'crack' (pun intended).. but as we get older and take on the burden of responsibility's then time has to = $

However.. thank goodness for the others, lol

Jmills87 said:
No, he's not fighting against the jailbreak community, he's just not going to give away his work for free anymore. Won't matter since pod2g and others will continue working for free.

Yup. .........

staticmap

Attachments

• $image-1269161613.jpg
    $image-1269161613.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 381