What's new

Picture messaging related to jailbreaking?

Daktony

Reaction score
I have iphone 3, got it hooked up to unlimited straight talk and since cant send or recieve pic messages.

Lady at walmart said it has to be jailbroken for problem to be fixed, she called carrier and told me it wasnt a problem on their end and that she tried redoing a "APN". Its the third person to work on the phone and not get it right.

So I got on Spirit to jailbreak and states "3g 3.2.1 not supported" and everywhere I go or search I cant find a jail break for my phone.

I wouldnt have thought "jailbreaking" would be the problem, but I dont know anything about phones.

Any ideas?

Thanks

You can use redsn0w to jailbreak an iPhone3G on 4.2.1, but that won't fix your issue. You should not need to jailbreak in order to send and receive MMS.

Actually I can send and receive text, just not pictures. Lady that tried helping me said once I jailbreak it I can go in and edit message settings.

So everyone agree it must be something else?

And if so does any one know my "fix"?

Thanks

I had the same problem.Turned out to be a problem on the service provider side.They did some configuration changes on their side,problem solved.Don't know if the changes relates to my sim card or the network settings though.log a complaint at your service provider.

Actually I can send and receive text, just not pictures. Lady that tried helping me said once I jailbreak it I can go in and edit message settings.

Do you happen to have/use the tweaks biteSMS and PhotoAlbum+ installed? Before PA+ got updated, it prevented people from seeing and sending text photos. It's since been fixed, but maybe you still have the old version?

If you don't have those two tweaks, then I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer...

Marilyn

Ok thanks y'all for the replies....

On the tweaks I have no idea, when my mother had this phone she had no problem but had different carrier, so I assume the people that have helped me have no idea.

Y'all be great help, thanks. I'll contact carrier.

Ok thanks y'all for the replies....

On the tweaks I have no idea, when my mother had this phone she had no problem but had different carrier, so I assume the people that have helped me have no idea.

Y'all be great help, thanks. I'll contact carrier.

The only way to get MMS to work is to jailbreak and install TetherMe. It ads editable APN configs....................I should say "more intricate" APN configuration settings. TetherMe is what makes data and MMS(picture/video messages) work. You can only get TetherMe if you jailbreak.