What's new

iphone 4 hell

Do you mean your on the connect to iTunes screen or have you got the springboard up and just need to jailbreak then unlock? If you can get to settings and check your baseband (only 1.59.00 is unlockable on iPhone 4) then you'll know if you can unlock.

I would suggest using greenpoison to jailbreak. As for activating the phone. The only way I know how to do it is buy using the supported sim or if your custom firmware doesn't require it...

As for activating the phone. The only way I know how to do it is buy using the supported sim or if your custom firmware doesn't require it...
so your saying i wont be able to get my carrier recognized on my phone.

ok im getting really confused here could i ust have a step y step guide please. would really appreciate it.

can someone answer the following question as iv asked it a couple of times and no1 has answered it.

Will i be able to get it back to were it is now ( activation screen) if i hactivate it with limerain then find out that the baseband is not at 1.59.00 without having to update firmware?

I'm confused as to how you got your phone back to 4.1 without having been on it to save your SHSH blobs.

So your on 4.1 just now? As I've asked already, when you say activation screen do you mean your on the the connect to iTunes screen? If so what does it say when you connect to iTunes?

As I said the only way I KNOW how to activate the iPhone is by the two methods I've already mentioned. There may be another but I've not heard of it. I don't use the unlock...

its a long story.. but i did it. yes its on the connect to itunes screen.
it says on itunes the sim card inserted on this phone does not appear to be supported.

That means the custom firmware you have is not 'hacktivated' there for you will need the correct sim for that phone. The one the phone is locked to. I don't know of anyway around it unless you have a hacktivated ipsw. I don't no if you can even get hacktivated ipsw's for the 4G?

Are you sure your on 4.1? If you weren't on it before and only saved your blobs on 4.0.2 before updating then you must either be on 4.0.2 or 4.2.1 unless I'm missing somthing or apple are still signing 4.1?

itunes are not still signing 4.1 however i used a custom ipsw to get to 4.1. but when i was on 4.0.2 i did press the make my life easier button on cydia does that mean i can downgrade to 4.0.2 ?

Last edited:
its a long story.. but i did it. yes its on the connect to itunes screen.
it says on itunes the sim card inserted on this phone does not appear to be supported.

I think that means you need the proper sim card to be able to activate and get into your springboard (so that you can jb and unlock later).

I also think you can get past this screen by using a phonebook sim card. That works on 4.0, not sure if it does on 4.1.

check this link
How to Activate iPhone 4 Without Original SIM Card [Video]

itunes are not still signing 4.1 however i used a custom ipsw to get to 4.1. but when i was on 4.0.2 i did press the make my life easier button on cydia does that mean i can downgrade to 4.0.2 ?

Form what I understand you should only be able to go back to 4.0.2 because that's the only fimware you were on before having to upgrade to 4.2.1.

I would just stay on 4.1 if that is what your on. Although I find it hard to belive that you are if apple have stopped signing it. Downgrading firmware doesn't mean you downgrade to an earlier baseband. You need to get an original sim to get past the connect to iTunes page (unless you can find away round it) so you can find out what firmware and baseband your on...

At the point where you at you should just jailbreak with limerain cause it will hactivate!!!

Go with limerain, im 100% sure that it will hactivate not so sure about GreenPoisson!