What's new

Overheating iphone 7

kspine

Reaction score
My new iphone is overheating when using facetime. Got really HOT, and I had to switch it off.
Am getting it replaced.
Anyone else having that problem?
Thanks

was that only when using facetime, or other apps/games? cant say ive noticed anything like that, but I have not really used facetime either. Will check it out later I think

When the iPhone was getting hot did the high temperature sensor shut down the iPhone? That's what's supposed to happen if the iPhone gets so hot it exceeds the safe operating temperature. The iPhone will turn on again when the temperature drops to a safe level.

This is what it looks like.
IMG_1337.PNG

I got mine delivered by FedEx today. While restoring it from a backed up version it got HOT. while holding it in my hand with my old 6 the new 7 was at least 15-20 degrees hotter. I called up apple care and I'm going to exchange it tomorrow. I've only used iPhones the last 8 years and I've never had this issue.

By the way, the new home button is terrible.

I got mine delivered by FedEx today. While restoring it from a backed up version it got HOT. while holding it in my hand with my old 6 the new 7 was at least 15-20 degrees hotter. I called up apple care and I'm going to exchange it tomorrow. I've only used iPhones the last 8 years and I've never had this issue.

By the way, the new home button is terrible.
When the iPhone heated up did the high temperature warning appear?

My jailbroken 6s+ did this to me Tuesday while at work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the iPhone heated up did the high temperature warning appear?
No I shut it down before it got to that point. It was not as hot as if I'd left it on a car dashboard in the sun, but it was hotter than any phone should get from light use in an apartment on a cool evening