What's new

Overheating

m_i_s_s_y8787

Reaction score
My iPhone 13 pro today randomly overheated and kept going slow and dropped Wi-Fi at home randomly and took a half hour of just sitting on a table to cool down and it was glitching. Since then now it is going slow still and is acting up still. I haven’t downloaded anything new so I don’t think it’s an app doing this. Has anyone experienced this before? It’s weird how it came on so sudden

No. Never. With that being said, you might want to consider resetting the device and starting from scratch.

I forgot to mention too this is my first iPhone since the iPhone 6 Plus lol everything on my phone I started from scratch. Should I start from scratch again? Or could it be a hardware issue?

Are you able to take it to the Genius Bar at an Apple Store? A diagnosis is free and your iPhone should still be under warranty if your problem is hardware related.
Yes I could see if they can check I think I need an appointment though the one near me gets packed quick. I just don't have applecare I have it through my phone company if my phone needs to replaced.

An iPhone 13 is less than a year old so the standard warranty is still in effect. If your iPhone has a hardware issue Apple will repair or replace your iPhone at no charge to you. It would be quicker than going through your carrier.

BTW, backup your iPhone before going to the Genius Bar.

Last edited:
An iPhone 13 is less than a year old so the standard warranty is still in effect. If your iPhone has a hardware issue Apple will repair or replace your iPhone at no charge to you. It would be quicker than going through your carrier.

BTW, backup your iPhone before going to the Genius Bar.
Ok thank you I'll backup my iphone and make an appointment to the genius bar

Any update on this issue? I recently experienced something similar in the morning after I unplug my phone from the charger it feels extremely hot. I have tried different chargers and the issue remains, once it cools down its fine all day with no issue.
I just got the phone and am taking it in to Apple to look at next week however, I would prefer to have some knowledge about what may have caused this so I don't repeat the mistake.

Sry for not replying sooner weird the Genius Bar wasn’t able to get it to overheat again. It was fine for awhile and now will once in awhile overheat again [emoji52]