What's new

OS 10.3.3 Problems

Just tried it. Nothing happened. Seems dead as a doornail. : (

Also which model phone do you have?? Guess I should have asked that. If it's not a 7 or 7 plus, I think you will want to hold the home button and power button until the apple logo appears. Sorry for mixup if any. I did fail to ask what phone you have. Olde iPhones use the power and home button. And again, sorry for any confusion if any.

No, nothing at all happens once I connect to my computer.

Okay, holding down the power button and the home button got it to reboot, finally! iTunes connected and seems to be sinking, but it STILL on step 2 of 6. Usually it backs up faster than this. I downloaded a grocery store app this morning. Could that be what is wrong? The phone continued to work all day after I downloaded the app, though.

Oh, iTunes just finished backing up. Have any idea what caused the phone to go dead?

Nope. What model iPhone is it?? But keep an eye on it. If it happens again, may want to take it to an Apple Store and have it looked at. Glad you at least got it resolved. Have a good one.

Have any idea what caused the phone to go dead?

Nope, but my GUESS is that since that was your first update in years, you overwhelmed your phone. There's been a lot of changes since your last update.

Personally I'd recommend doing each update as they come. Small incremental updates vs one massive wave of updates.

Really? I asked Apple about that once re my Mac because there were several OS changes after Lion. They told me it was not a big deal and I did not have to update unless I really wanted to do. {sigh}

Well, my phone is okay so far today and tonight. The only other issue I have had, believe it or not, is hanging up after a call made for me by Siri. It is not the same as it was on the old OS.

Nope. What model iPhone is it?? But keep an eye on it. If it happens again, may want to take it to an Apple Store and have it looked at. Glad you at least got it resolved. Have a good one.

It is a 5s. Yes, if it happens again, I will take it in to let them look at it. Such an odd thing to happen.