What's new

Original Iphone won't go to HOME screen after updating OS.

rickstermar555

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I was using my original IPhone (1st generation) as an Ipod Touch. I figured why not try to update it to the new OS.
Now I'm stuck with the "Connect to Itunes" logo. My PC won't detect the phone either.

I tried calling Apple Support, but they would charge me $29.99 just to talk to them.

How do I restore my old Iphone to the previous OS if I can't go to the HOME screen?
What is the latest OS that I would need to download to be compatible with my 1st generation phone?
What kind of 3rd party software is needed as well if I need it?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

I was using my original IPhone (1st generation) as an Ipod Touch. I figured why not try to update it to the new OS.
Now I'm stuck with the "Connect to Itunes" logo. My PC won't detect the phone either.

I tried calling Apple Support, but they would charge me $29.99 just to talk to them.

How do I restore my old Iphone to the previous OS if I can't go to the HOME screen?
What is the latest OS that I would need to download to be compatible with my 1st generation phone?
What kind of 3rd party software is needed as well if I need it?

Thank you.

There seems to be a lot missing in your posting. Are you writing that you got the "Connect to iTunes" logo after you connected to iTunes and tried an upgrade? Or before? Or are you saying that you connected to iTunes successfully and tried an iOS update, THEN got an error afterwards? Sorry, I don't follow; perhaps another here will help....