What's new

New Problem Since Updating to 10.3.3

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
I am having a strange problem with my iphone since I updated to the new OS. For no apparent reason, every now and then, a little screen pops up that looks like this:

Sign In to iTunes Store
Enter the password for your Apple ID (followed by my email address)

In the middle of the night last night it popped up and the screen lit up. Startled me. Is this some sort of fishing attempt or really legitimate? I normally never signed into iTunes unless I wanted to buy something. I did recently change my password, though. However, I have not wanted to sign in to buy anything. I hope this is from Apple. I do not want to be permanently signed in. Do not think that is wise.

It is normal to be asked to enter your Apple password after you have downloaded a major update. Perhaps you did not do that straight away, so the request will be repeated.

It is normal to be asked to enter your Apple password after you have downloaded a major update. Perhaps you did not do that straight away, so the request will be repeated.

Oh, I did not know that. No, I did not do it. The tech never told me I needed to do that. Thanks!

Signing in to iTunes is not permanent. You're automatically signed out after a period of inactivity.

Oh, I did not know this either. I seldom sign in, but I do sign out as soon as I am done. Thanks!

Another thing I have noticed since I updated to 10.3.3 is that it takes a lot longer to sync my iphone on my Mac. I plug the iphone into the Mac, and the screen comes up for syncing and begins to sync, but step 2 of 4 takes around four minutes to finish. This is significantly longer than it used to take before I updated to 10.3.3. Has anyone else noticed this with his/her phone now? Everything still backs up, but it just takes longer now.

Another thing I have noticed since I updated to 10.3.3 is that it takes a lot longer to sync my iphone on my Mac. I plug the iphone into the Mac, and the screen comes up for syncing and begins to sync, but step 2 of 4 takes around four minutes to finish. This is significantly longer than it used to take before I updated to 10.3.3. Has anyone else noticed this with his/her phone now? Everything still backs up, but it just takes longer now.
My iPhone 6 Plus has taken a long time to sync with my MacBook Pro since long before iOS 10.3.3.

^^^ Really? Mine used to sync relatively quickly. Now it feels painfully slow. Oh, well....