What's new

Unable to transfer photos from PC to iPhone 6s Plus after os update to 10.3.3

Carolinaboy54

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 6s plus and Windows 10 is my OS for my PC. Until recently, I haven't used iCloud to manage or store my photos. I've done that using Windows Explorer. However, after upgrading to ios 10.3.3, I "appear" to be forced to use iCloud and I can't copy photos from my PC to my iPhone. I keep getting an error message "Cannot Copy Item" "The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected."

The iPhone is connected and pass code entered.

Anyone else having this problem?

Did you try anything to fix this problem?

A few suggestions:
Restart both devices, computer and iPhone.
Make sure you use the cable that came with the iPhone. Connect it to a different USB port. If possible use a different cable as well.
Clean the lightning port of the iPhone and the USB port on the computer. Use a completely new toothbrush for the iPhone, and clean it cautiously.

Hope that helps.

Forgot to mention what I had already tried...sorry about that.

I've done all that you suggested plus rebooting the iPhone several times. I've checked to make sure current drivers are installed. I've turned off ICloud and tried to transfer photos from PC. I've uninstalled any program that was installed close to the time frame problem started. About the only thing I haven't done is to do a reset of the iPhone. I've been trying to hold off on that. Plus, I don't really believe that will solve the problem.

The problem "appears" to be related to the latest iPhone update 10.3.3 but I wouldn't put any money on it. I've done a lot of research on the internet but haven't had much luck. I'm still troubleshooting the problem.

Does iTunes recognize your iPhone when you connect it to the computer?

Yes, iTunes recognizes the phone but there is no "photo" feature in the latest version of iTunes. At least not that I've been able to find. I just tried the hard reset. Didn't work.

I don't know what is blocking me from the normal transfer of photos from my PC to my iPhone, but I did find a function that achieved what I was trying to do. After opening windows explorer to view files and verify my iPhone was recognized, I right clicked my mouse button while the arrow was over iPhone in the listing on left side of screen. A menu popped up with "import pictures and videos" as an option. I selected it and bingo, photos were located and imported into my iPhone. And I'm still as confused as when I started.