What's new

OS 10.3.3 Problems

You’re welcome.

In regards to iPhoto, it has been retired by Apple and replaced by the new Photos app on both the Mac and iOS devices. Your photos should be automatically migrated to the new ap.

Thank you, I am trying to find them now. It is brand new and asked me about iCloud library. I am not sure my snaps are even there, but I said okay. It is preparing the "iCloud library" now.

Still trying to out how to find the contacts from my address book. They are not in the new "Contacts" icon.

Okay, here is a really silly question, but I cannot figure out how to answer my phone now. I have had three incoming calls today, and they appear on the screen, and it says slide for more info, so I slide it, but it does not answer the phone or give me any more info, so how do I answer my phone with this new OS?? I feel really stupid to even have to ask this question!

It should show "Slide to answer", not "Slide for more info":
IMG_0449.JPG

Apple

If that slider doesn't appear, press the Home button to answer a call. That should work on a locked iPhone.

Hope that helps.

Thank you. I will try the home button next time. This slider ^^^ is the one I used to see before I downloaded the new OS. It does not look like that anymore. Now it is inside of a box, and it says "slide for more information." I slide it, and the call is lost. I will have to ask Apple about that. I do not have the time to spend on the phone with them today, so I will try to contact them back on Monday.

I did find my snaps, though! After I set up the iCloud Library, I could see them, but they are not in the exact order they used to be. I never did get to know iPhoto very well at all, and this new one looks similar but different, so I suppose it will take me a while to get to know it. I am still looking for the contacts from my address book.

I was just reading something about bugs left in OS 10.3.3. The article said that it looks unlikely that there will be a 10.3.4, so millions of users will be left with 10.3.3. Everyone else will move on to OS 11. How can I know if I can move on to OS 11 or will have to stay with 10.3.3?? Anyone hear anything about this????

I was just reading something about bugs left in OS 10.3.3. The article said that it looks unlikely that there will be a 10.3.4, so millions of users will be left with 10.3.3. Everyone else will move on to OS 11. How can I know if I can move on to OS 11 or will have to stay with 10.3.3?? Anyone hear anything about this????

The iphone 5S and newer can be updated to iOS 11 when it is released this September.
In regards to iOS 10 updates it’s entirely possible that updates to fix bugs that interfere with normal operation of the iPhone will be addressed in a future update.

Whew! This is relief! I just purchased my iPhone S about 2-3 years ago. I cannot recall the exact date. Anyway, I expected I would be able to continue to use it indefinitely. Does this mean that one day the phone will no longer work with my carrier (Cricket), or does it just mean that Apple will stop sending updates for it? I really hope not to have to replace my phone for years to come.

To find your contacts on your Mac, go to System Preferences - Internet Accounts, click each account and make sure Contacts is checkmarked.

Not being able to receive a software update doesn’t mean that it will stop working. You'll still be able to use it for some time. We have members with an iPhone 4, e.g., (iOS 7.2.1) which are still working.

To find your contacts on your Mac, go to System Preferences - Internet Accounts, click each account and make sure Contacts is checkmarked.

Not being able to receive a software update doesn’t mean that it will stop working. You'll still be able to use it for some time. We have members with an iPhone 4, e.g., (iOS 7.2.1) which are still working.

Yep, I'm still running iOS 5.1.1 on my 4S and it still works great

My phone has been doing fine. All of a sudden tonight it simply does not work. Black screen. Does not respond to power button. Was more than 70% charged whence this happened. Plugged it into my computer but nothing opened to sink. What do I do? This has never happened before. I think it must have something to do with the new 10.3.3 update I did. I am lost without my mobile. I do not have a landline.

Running 10.3.3 here on a 7 plus, and haven't had any issues as such or even remotely of the likes. Have you tried holding the power button and the left volume down until the apple logo appears then let go of the buttons. Might work.

Reboot or restart the phone is what you will be doing. Hope you get it resolved. Good evening.