What's new

OS 10.3.3 Problems

Please, can someone help me to get my phone back to where it was before and enable it to communicate with my Mac again. One reason I bought an iphone was that it could sync with my computer. This is insane that an OS update on the iphone ruins its relationship to my computer which is a Mac!! : (

Why does Siri not respond anymore whilst my phone is plugged to my computer?? I used to say "hey, Siri" and it would respond. Now, nothing.

I just checked for a software update. It says my computer software is up to date, so I must have the latest iTunes.

If you click on the iTunes button at the top left of the computer screen when iTunes is open, then click on About iTunes, it will tell you which version of itunes is on your MacBook air. Further down the pop up list is Check For Updates, click on it and it will tell you if there are any available iTunes updates. iOS 10 requires a minimum of iTunes 12.5.1 in order for Photos and iTunes to sync with your iPhone.

I have plugged in my phone over and over and over again. iTunes opens but says there is an error. It does not show my phone exists. I am trying to find a way in to get this new OS off of my phone.

I found this link on-line, but my computer is not syncing with my phone, so I cannot access "iphone software updates." I am in a complete panic at this point.

How to Reverse an iPhone to a Previous Update

If you click on the iTunes button at the top left of the computer screen when iTunes is open, then click on About iTunes, it will tell you which version of itunes is on your MacBook air. iOS 10 requires a minimum of iTunes 12.5.1 in order for Photos and iTunes to sync with your iPhone.

It says 12.2.2.25, but my computer says my software is up to date.

How can I update iTunes if my computer checks and says my software is all up to date? Why oh why oh why did I down load this OS to my phone yesterday! I must be a fool!!

Another thing is my gmail notifications are screwed. Normally, I get a signal from my iphone's app if new email has come in. I received over 50 emails today so far, and not one notification came through.

It says 12.2.2.25, but my computer says my software is up to date.
Which version of macOS is your computer on? iTunes 12.2.2.25 is the latest version of iTunes supported by OS X Lion. If you're still on lion, you'll need to update the OS X version on your MacBook Air before the latest available iTunes update will become available.

Why does Siri not respond anymore whilst my phone is plugged to my computer?? I used to say "hey, Siri" and it would respond. Now, nothing.
Go to Settings>Siri and make sure Hey Siri is turned on. You can also switch on Allow Siri When Locked.

I am on Mac OS X 10.7.5
If that's the latest version of OS X that your MacBook Air will run, you'll have to get a newer computer. Unfortunately, you can't downgrade to an iOS version earlier than iOS 10.3.2 which means that your Macbook Air cannot be made to sync with your iPhone 5S.

My Siri was turned off!!!! I had to turn it on and then say "hey, Siri" three times and then ask a couple of questions before it said my Siri was "set up." Bloody hell!!!!! I NEVER had to do anything like this before that I recall.

The access whilst locked was already turned on, though, so I have no idea why Siri did not respond. It seems to turn on now once I say "hey, Siri," but it does not say anything unless I ask a question. As I recall, it used to say something as soon as I said "hey, Siri."

I just checked again for an update to OS on my computer, and it says 12.2.2 is the current version. I have no idea what is going on anymore. I totally screwed myself over by downloading this OS on my iphone.

If that's the latest version of OS X that your MacBook Air will run, you'll have to get a newer computer. Unfortunately, you can't downgrade to an iOS version earlier than iOS 10.3.2 which means that your Macbook Air cannot be made to sync with your iPhone 5S.

A new computer????? Are you serious?????????

I have plugged in my phone over and over and over again. iTunes opens but says there is an error. It does not show my phone exists. I am trying to find a way in to get this new OS off of my phone.

I found this link on-line, but my computer is not syncing with my phone, so I cannot access "iphone software updates." I am in a complete panic at this point.

How to Reverse an iPhone to a Previous Update
The procedure in that link won't allow you to restore to an iOS version no longer signed by Apple.