What's new

OS 10.3.3 Problems

My computer is only a 2011 computer. As I purchased it, Apple told me this computer would last for at least as long as my old Windows computer which was over 10 year old and still functioning.

My computer is only a 2011 computer. As I purchased it, Apple told me this computer would last for at least as long as my old Windows computer which was over 10 year old and still functioning.
I've done a little digging and any of the 2011 MacBook Air models should be able to handle the newest version of macOS, 10.12 Sierra.

Thank you. I googled "download macOS 10.12, and it is downloading now. I hope this resolves the problems with my computer and phone. I just want things to be normal again. : (

I seem to be downloading Sierra now via my google search, but I have no idea why it did not pull this up once I did a "check for updates" from my Apple icon in the top left hand corner of my browser.

I hope this will help my browser, too, as for a long time now, Chrome has said my browser no longer supports my OS.

I feel like a tourist lost in a strange land where I can only speak the minimum of the language used by the natives. : (

Looks like it is going to take almost three hours to download this OS.

Well, I take your point, but I have never had a phone stolen. If I leave the house, my phone goes into my purchase. If I remove it from my purse to use it, I immediately place it back in my purse. Sadly, I rarely leave the house anymore anyway. I go to the market 2-3 times a month to buy food. I sometimes have a doctor or dentist appointment. I pick up Rx's on my way home from the market. I no longer go to the library or much of anything else. Basically, I am just waiting to die. In the interim, I want to have use of my phone and my computer. I do not think that is asking a lot.

I have plugged in my phone over and over and over again. iTunes opens but says there is an error. It does not show my phone exists. I am trying to find a way in to get this new OS off of my phone.

I found this link on-line, but my computer is not syncing with my phone, so I cannot access "iphone software updates." I am in a complete panic at this point.

How to Reverse an iPhone to a Previous Update
I've already stated that it's not possible to revert to an iOS version other than those signed by Apple, so that link won't help at all.

Installing iOS 10.3.3 was important, because it fixed a flaw that could have affected you as well - an attacker could have been able to control your iPhone:
Your iPhone could be HACKED unless you update right now

I am downloading Sierra. Is that the one you mean J.A.?

Never again will I download an OS update before researching it first to find out if I can get out of it once it is downloaded or not. This has been disasterous for me so far. : (

My gosh, if one thinks about all the stresses one has in one's life, one's computer and phone should not list amongst them.

I took a quick look at your link for urgency to update the iphone OS, but I am confused. I thought iphone and mac were pretty much immune to viruses and all sorts of things that plague Windows.

I invested in Mac for several reasons:

--pretty much immune to viruses and no need to buy security programmes that require regular updates/upgrades

--Apple makes both its hardware and software so no passing the buck once a problem arises, i.e. no "it is your hardware," "it must be Windows," "it must be your ISP," etc., and literally hours long on line with tech support located in Taiwan or some such.

--Never again having to deal with "service packs"

--Quality products

There are probably some other reasons I do not recall off hand, but these are some of the big reasons why I switched to Apple.

Apple works constantly to keep its systems secure against a continuous bombardment of threats. That's why it's so important to update devices to keep ahead of the threats. Apple makes this straightforward and free.

I am downloading Sierra. Is that the one you mean J.A.?

Never again will I download an OS update before researching it first to find out if I can get out of it once it is downloaded or not. This has been disasterous for me so far. : (

My gosh, if one thinks about all the stresses one has in one's life, one's computer and phone should not list amongst them.
I was talking about iOS 10.3.3.

All of Apple's updates include security fixes, though.

I took a quick look at your link for urgency to update the iphone OS, but I am confused. I thought iphone and mac were pretty much immune to viruses and all sorts of things that plague Windows.

I invested in Mac for several reasons:

--pretty much immune to viruses and no need to buy security programmes that require regular updates/upgrades

--Apple makes both its hardware and software so no passing the buck once a problem arises, i.e. no "it is your hardware," "it must be Windows," "it must be your ISP," etc., and literally hours long on line with tech support located in Taiwan or some such.

--Never again having to deal with "service packs"

--Quality products

There are probably some other reasons I do not recall off hand, but these are some of the big reasons why I switched to Apple.
Nobody is perfect, and there are always flaws, even if the software is great. Jailbreakers and hackers are constantly looking for security holes, for different reasons.

Now I am in worse trouble. I waited 3 hours for Siera to download. My computer screen is now frozen the "to install macOS Siera, click continue." I cannot even get the computer to shut down and restart. Plugged in my phone, but no change. What do I do now?