What's new

OS 10.3.3 Problems

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
Hi all,

I received a notice today that OS 10.3.3 was available, so I downloaded it as I had never updated my OS since I purchased the phone 2-3 years ago (tried but was never able to get a new OS installed). This one downloaded. It took a few minutes, but it did down load. Things look different now. Even opening the home screen is different.

I plugged the phone into my MacBook Air to charge it, and as always both iTunes and iPhoto opened, but they did not sync. The phone asked me "trust this computer?" I said yes, but iTunes said it could not sync with the phone due to an error, and iPhoto said it could not connect because the phone was locked. The phone was not locked. I had the home screen open. I rebooted the phone and tried again with the same result. I checked my settings and the passcode is the same and my finger prints are still listed, so I do not know what is the problem.

This is why I am so reluctant to every upgrade an OS---problems I have no idea as to what is causing them or how to resolve them. Please can someone help me to fix this?

Be patient [emoji106] the experts will be on soon and help will arrive

^^^ Thank you. I also just noticed that I am no longer receiving gmail notifications. : (

Since this was the first iOS update you’ve done in several years it will take some time for things to re-index properly after such a major update. See if you still have the same problems in a day or two.

I feel very uncomfortable with this new OS. I am so stressed right now.

---I have new app incons on my screen that I do not know what they do. I really do not want any new apps. If I wanted new apps, I would seek them out.

---I used to be able to click the button at the very top to make my screen light up, and then all I had to do was to place my finger on the home button, and it would unlock. Now, it wants me to press the home button to unlock. Sometimes if I press instead of unlocking, I get Siri, but Siri no longer asks me what I want. It used to be if I pressed the home button and held it down, Siri would ask "what can I help you with?" I know it is silly, but I am used to it working that way. I feel lost if it does not ask me what it can help me with. I LIKE it asking what it can help me with.

---I do not like having to press the home button to unlock the phone. It too often brings up Siri instead, and now Siri does not make its presence known unless I ask it a question. I want Siri to respond if I hold down the button. In other words, I want my phone BACK.

Is there anyway I can get rid of OS 10.3.3 and bring back my old OS?

Good news: it's possible to remove built in app icons that you don't need. Just tap and hold until the apps start wiggling, then remove them like any other app.

Unlocking your device works a bit different than in iOS 8. Slide to unlock has been removed completely, e.g.
It's still possible to use the Power button to light up the screen, and then tap the Home button to unlock it, depending on your device.

It's not possible to revert to a software version different than the ones signed by Apple, which are 10.3.2 and 10.3.3 at the moment, for iPhone 5 onwards. Sorry!

That said: you posted in the iPhone SE forum, but as you told us you've purchased it 2 - 3 years ago, it can't be an SE - that was released in March last year, and came with iOS 9.3 installed.
Which iPhone do you own? Knowing this might be necessary because of the features your device provides.

I just retrieved the box for the phone. It says iphone S. The S is inside of a little square.

Oh, no! I am so sorry I downloaded this OS. I have the phone plugged in now. Neither iTunes nor iphoto is able to sink with it still, and if I say outloud "hey, Siri," nothing happens. Normally, Siri would reply.

Why did they have to screw around with how I open my phone??? I liked using the finger print. I do not like pressing a button if I can avoid it. I HATE this thing. It has totally ruined my phone!!! : (

My phone also becomes warm once I plug it into my computer to charge. It never used to do that. Why cannot I get back my old OS??? This is like forcing a different phone on me, AND it does not even do now what it used to be able to do, e.g. Siri no longer speaks. : (

Which OS system did my iphone come with? I want to try to recover it.

You still haven't told us which model phone you have. S isn't enough. It could be a 4S, 5S or 6S. Technology evolves, usually for the better. It is good to keep your phone updated to ensure its security.

Opening the phone up is slightly different in IOS 10. This can be adjusted according to which phone you have, but it is not that complicated. For instance, you may be able to rest a finger on the Home button to wake it, again, depending on which phone you have.

A phone will become slightly warm nearer its maximum charge.

Have you got the latest version of iTunes on your computer? The version that would sync with your iPhone on iOS 8 will not work once you updated your iPhone to iOS 10.3.3. The latest version of iTunes will only run on Windows computers running Windows 7 and later.
Have you read the latest iPhone user guide?
iPhone User Guide for iOS 10.3 by Apple Inc.
iPhone User Guide for iOS 10.3 by Apple Inc. on iBooks
It will help you understand how the operating system has changed with the update as well as showing you how to get the most out of your iPhone.

You still haven't told us which model phone you have. S isn't enough. It could be a 4S, 5S or 6S. Technology evolves, usually for the better. It is good to keep your phone updated to ensure its security.

Opening the phone up is slightly different in IOS 10. This can be adjusted according to which phone you have, but it is not that complicated. For instance, you may be able to rest a finger on the Home button to wake it, again, depending on which phone you have.

A phone will become slightly warm nearer its maximum charge.

It is a 5s.

I do not have a "security issue." What security issue is there? I am the only one who uses this phone.

My phone never used to become warm as it neared a fully charged battery. This is a completely new thing for my phone.

I hate the OS. It has ruined my phone. It has ruined my reliance on my phone.

Have you got the latest version of iTunes on your computer? The version that would sync with your iPhone on iOS 8 will not work once you updated your iPhone to iOS 10.3.3. The latest version of iTunes will only run on Windows computers running Windows 7 and later.
Have you read the latest iPhone user guide?
iPhone User Guide for iOS 10.3 by Apple Inc.
iPhone User Guide for iOS 10.3 by Apple Inc. on iBooks
It will help you understand how the operating system has changed with the update as well as showing you how to get the most out of your iPhone.

What??? I do not use Windows! I use a MacBook Air. I HATE Windows and Microsoft. I have not used a Windows based computer since 2011.

I do not know what version of iTunes I have on my computer. I update every time updates are available. I have not seen any updates for a long while now.

Are you telling me that I updated my iphone to 10.3.3 and it will not let my Mac sync with my phone now? That is idiotic! Why would iphone update an OS that would ruin the relationship with a Mac?

There has to be some way to recover my old OS. Otherwise, I will never be able to sync my phone and computer again.

You would have a security issue if your phone was stolen. You wouldn't want anybody else using it or being able to wipe it and resell it. Security updates also help prevent unlawful entry into your details, etc.

Well, I take your point, but I have never had a phone stolen. If I leave the house, my phone goes into my purchase. If I remove it from my purse to use it, I immediately place it back in my purse. Sadly, I rarely leave the house anymore anyway. I go to the market 2-3 times a month to buy food. I sometimes have a doctor or dentist appointment. I pick up Rx's on my way home from the market. I no longer go to the library or much of anything else. Basically, I am just waiting to die. In the interim, I want to have use of my phone and my computer. I do not think that is asking a lot.