What's new

Official IOS 7 thread.

I'm sorry what I meant by still doesn't work is I will turn it off and then magically a few hours later it turns itself back on so I just gave up

after apple store reload of iOS 7 and a backup and sync via my computer the battery issue so far has vanished!
so to all the more knowledgable on electronic devices answer this.

seeing my issues were from a download at home via my computer and some iphone 4 features and ios 7 were merged and issues arose! then after apple store did a new reload of iOS 7 at the store would or could most folks issues with iOS 7 be that instead of loading a complete new ios 7 software via home computers be the issue with no merging of iOS 6 features?

reason I ask is seems once the new un merged iOS 7 downloaded at apple store. contacts was no longer an on screen app but rather put into the extras folder and the timer and stop watch were also put into the app for clocks my iphone 4 works as it should and battery issues went away.

so why isnt apple downloading the same download via internet as they have in the apple store at the genius bar!!

thanks for any thoughts on this.

after apple store reload of iOS 7 and a backup and sync via my computer the battery issue so far has vanished!
so to all the more knowledgable on electronic devices answer this.

seeing my issues were from a download at home via my computer and some iphone 4 features and ios 7 were merged and issues arose! then after apple store did a new reload of iOS 7 at the store would or could most folks issues with iOS 7 be that instead of loading a complete new ios 7 software via home computers be the issue with no merging of iOS 6 features?

reason I ask is seems once the new un merged iOS 7 downloaded at apple store. contacts was no longer an on screen app but rather put into the extras folder and the timer and stop watch were also put into the app for clocks my iphone 4 works as it should and battery issues went away.

so why isnt apple downloading the same download via internet as they have in the apple store at the genius bar!!

thanks for any thoughts on this.

Hi OS,
You can do a clean install from home...you have to use iTunes to do it. You would back up your phone first and then do a restore and backup.

Also have you learned how to move apps around on your "desktop" aka springboard? You hold your finger down on the app until it wiggles. Then you hold your finger on it and drag it around. It can be kind of difficul to do. But, you can open the folder with the calulator, clock, or whatever...hold the apps button (any one...it doesn't matter) until they wiggle. Then drag the contacts app, the clock app, or any of them to any place on your desktop. This is nothing new with iOS7, it has always been like that...When you first get your phone "clean" those particular apps are always in one folder and have to be moved. Someone must have done it for you before!

Swipe up from the very bottom of the screen to bring up the new Control Panel. Look at the top row of icons, there will be 5. Far right looks like a lock with an arrow around it. If it is lit, turn it off. That locks your screen from switching orientation.

That did the trick. Thanks!

xrayeyes... I did know the wiggly thing and honestly never thought prior to ios 7 to pull the clock timer out of that extra app folder it seemed ok as is for me in ios 6. wish it would work for where they now have the timer and lap counter am so used to going to the extra folder for clock timer and calculator seemed natural. now seems odd to go to clocks to use that timer feature just a new way to learn is all not hard but old habits hard to break at first. in regards to someone doing that for me I assume you meant doing the wiggle thing in ios 6? or did you mean someone dragged the contacts app out of ios 6 and place it on the screen when ios 7 was installed? if the latter sorry apple did that as genius bar said and I quote when I downloaded ios 7 using computer ios 7 merged the contacts app on my phones screen all on its own I did nothing. so to my surprise it vanished when they did the restore it moved it into the extras folder hence my wondering where my app for contacts vanished to! I would have separated the sentences out but for some reason won't allow me to! if you think ios 7 has glitches wait until you try using the ACA website for new 2014 health care WOW says it all. thanks for your input I do appreciate any response from the more knowledgable folks here never to old to learn a trick er two!

From my observations, the battery issues are iOS7 issues (just one of many this version has). It's the second time I did the recalibrating procedure (the first time it didn't make a difference at all), and I'll see today if it worked this time (currently at 22%).

On my iPhone, it's like that: The usual notification when reaching 20%. You do some stuff, and pretty soon it displays 11%. Another notification when it's 10% or less, that's OK. Reached 8% (from the alleged 20%) in a few minutes. When I plug it in to recharge, it soon displays 18% or something in that range. I guess it has something to do with the (in)correct percentage "perceived" by the system, where the recalibration just doesn't cut it. :/

When I had similar battery issues after updating my iPad to 6.1 a couple of months ago, one full discharge was enough to calibrate the measurements. The battery displayed 1% beforehand for half a day or so (so clearly it was incorrectly reported and displayed) -- whereas on my iPhone with iOS 7.0.2 the 1% leads to auto-shutdown relatively quickly.

I'm still reporting horrible battery life. I unplug my phone at work with 100%. 1.5 hours later im at 59% with minimal use. I am not the only one. I'm reading others reporting the same problems. This did not happen until after iOS7.....

Anyone having issues syncing with itunes since IOS 7 update? I have a large music selection and everytime I try to sync with itunes I am getting "waiting for changes to be applied" for LONG periods of time and sometimes it just times out. I have restored the phone twice and had to back up multiple times. I did not have this issue before IOS 7...to sync I should not have to restore my phone every time. It's not really an option with the amount of music I have on my phone. Help!

I have the 4S with iOS7.0.2. It will sometimes knock me off of a web page for no apparent reason. I think it's a bit clunky and slow. If I had wanted that I would have stayed with Blackberry, LOL! And I also find the battery life is atrocious. Fortunately for me I work from home, so it's not too much of an issue, but if I had to go somewhere for the day, don't know what I'd do.

Anyone having issues syncing with itunes since IOS 7 update? I have a large music selection and everytime I try to sync with itunes I am getting "waiting for changes to be applied" for LONG periods of time and sometimes it just times out. I have restored the phone twice and had to back up multiple times. I did not have this issue before IOS 7...to sync I should not have to restore my phone every time. It's not really an option with the amount of music I have on my phone. Help!
I don't think its a problem with iOS 7. Give it some time. It would even be better if you told the time it was taking. Also, resetting the iPhone would be a good idea. To reset it, press and hold the homa and power button simultaneously for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

I don't think its a problem with iOS 7. Give it some time. It would even be better if you told the time it was taking. Also, resetting the iPhone would be a good idea. To reset it, press and hold the homa and power button simultaneously for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

It is taking 2-3 hours each time I have synced. I have reset the phone already and also called Apple Care but their best answer is to restore the phone (again, this is not something I want to do constantly) each time. My ipod is not having the same issue though and it is an ipod touch 4th gen. The issues started with IOS 7....from what I have read now, there are many others having the same issue so hopefully a fix will be on the way.

Guys and Gals if you are having issues with ios7 please do a restore if that does not work do a complete restore on your computer using the latest version of iTunes. I can assure you all will work fine. I own a iPad 3 3rd generation with some 180 apps installed and a iPhone 5 with similar number of Apps. I chose to do a complete restore because of the number of apps I have Yes it takes time particularly updating some 180 apps however it works but make sure you have fast internet connection. If you have a large collection of music or photos it will take time to reindex both. I suggest disable iCloud so you are not backing up at the same time as indexing. It is no big deal doing a restore then you can move on and enjoy life.

Another user stated many people are not happy with iOS 7. It may seem that way but in real life the percentage is small. Forums attract users with problems and if you take the time to analyze the members and threads you will find many are the same users. iOS 7 was released at the same time as iPhone 5c and 5s millions downloaded the iOS at the same time as well as 9 million new iPhone users attempted to authenticate and convert older data across to new phones. No server and I mean no servers can cope with sort of hit at the same time. Furthermore each device had to be indexed that means any photos, movies and music all had to be verified. Yes it was a pain in the back side but at the end of the day all settled down.

I was in Hong Kong when all this happened and I was at one of the massive 3 story Apple stores where they were delivering over 400 iPhones an hour. Most of which we're being authenticated...... According to the managers and users I spoked with they were over the moon with iOS 7 and loved it. Keep in mind these iPhones were Chinese not English. Why am I telling you this well I also sell Pads where I work. We have not received any negative response from those whom purchased iPad and upgraded to ios7.

Regardless of what manufacture ie Apple, Android Microsoft or what ever when upgrades occur problems will show up. At the end of the day, the texting issue has been noted by Apple and will be addressed with next update along with a by pass security issues which was fixed with ios7.02 Other issues such as nausea attacks most likely affect a minor number of users however I am sure Apple will respond. Complaints about white background and others will most likely be researched but one will have to wait as I can assure you making changes like that may not happen until the next major release.

iOS 7 to me is fantastic I have it on 3 devices including an iPhone 5, iPhone 4S and iPad 3 all have NOW good battery life and response is faster than before. I totally understand user with iPad 1 and 2 plus iPhone 4 that have issues. Personally I feel these uses should not have upgraded period.

We as a forum are not directly associated with Apple we are totally private and our team of admin staff including my self volunteer our time. All I ask is constructive criticism regarding issues so repeating the same old stuff does not help our staff or resident users whom provide the support. One should wait for the next wave of users when the new iPads will be released plus many other countries taking delivery of the new iPhones. We will I am sure have another wave of similar issues and will respond.

In conclusion step back and ask your self if you are having problems .... Have I read the latest manual for ios7 and my device.... Have I looked at options on how to correct my issues. Have I followed what the teams at iPhone, iPad and apple forums have suggested...... That's all we ask. Please by all means let's us know if you do succeed in resolving issues as that means a lot to us.

Thanks for reading this. Colin, Brisbane Australia Administrator iPad, iPhone and Apple forums.net

I agree! I installed as new and then restored from a back up. I have not had any operating issues whatsoever with iOS7 on an iPhone 4. My only issues are with aesthetics... and hopefully they will listen to us lowly middle aged masses with poor eyesight and work with better graphic options! :)

Well I'll be completely honest here. I am personally unhappy with ios7. I have a hard time seeing it because of the poor contrasting colors. And the longer I use it the more I find it just not that great.

I have an upgrade coming in February and I considering switching to the GS4. And this is saying something because I'm greatly invested in the apple ecosystem. I have 4 iPhones 3 iPads and 3 iPods and the Apple TV in my household.

Ape should seriously do something about the battery life and the muted colors.