What's new

Official IOS 7 thread.

I'm still trying to figure out how I can get the twitter/facebook post "widget" that used to be at the top of the notificaton screen.
Twitter has been buggy on my iPhone 4 for awhile lately, freezing up when I open it and freezing the phone if I try to type fast before it sort of "rights" itself, even on the wifi in my apartment. Does anyone know a way of bringing them back somehow? I'm using the iOs 7.02 and newest updated apps for FB & twitter

I think IOS 7 has many improvements over the previous OS. However appearance is not one of them. Email, calendar, reminders and notes appear anaemic without contrast to make them more readable. The icons are flat and unattractive grey in appearance. I'm not quite sure what the icon for photos is supposed to be. A clapperboard for videos, Really!
I expected much better given the hype surrounding the release of IOS7

I did the update i really dont know what 7.0.2 did though

Sent from my iPhone

Perform a fresh restore. Backup your important data to iCloud. And restore through iCloud, not your iTunes backup

I did my phone last week and my wifes last night, her phone all of a sudden started having battery performance issues.
Just to make sure I did it right, I set the phone to backup to iCloud then,

Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings

My phone is still not anywhere close to what I was getting with iOS 6.

From what I understand I should Calibrate the battery (?)

Want to make sure on this too, I've been fishing through multiple posts on forums and from bloggers, etc. with several opinions on the correct way, including many that insist that the battery should never be ran lower than 20% ....
Is this correct:
(from an apple.com forum)
Calibrate iPhone Battery:

Use the iPhone until it it shuts OFF itself, due to Low Battery. Then Charge it back up without interruption, like unplugging it, to full charge 100%. Then before or after you do this, Reset iPhone, hold both home and power buttons until the iPhone restarts itself, ignore the "slide to power off slider", let the iPhone restart itself.

I've ran down to 20% once a month, have let it run down until it shuts itself down once.

Thanks!

for incoming call there are three options 1. answer 2. remind me 3. message but decline/reject is missing
does anyone have idea on this how to get it
I have no idea why but some numbers I can decline, others I can't. For the ones I can't I have to hit sleep.

KF5QEO
John Guillory

well after 5 days I find the working of iOS 7 to be more like a droid things hidden or not associated well among settings. but why is it they create a new OS and yet we have to disable so much to save our batteries frankly not a well executed release only my opinion and might very well be due to my loading onto my iphone 4 with the phones internals being more at fault.

anyone else here with an iphone 4 are you having to disable almost all features to have 8 hrs of battery time?

and why would you put bold type feature under accessability instead of where text size resides under the general area?? in all is okay but I liked the simple navigation of the iphone if I wanted a droid I would have purchased one. as I said before only my opinion some like the new OS others not so much maybe they can fix it all for next years iphone and Please apple no iOS 8 you need to fix this one first.

well after 5 days I find the working of iOS 7 to be more like a droid things hidden or not associated well among settings. but why is it they create a new OS and yet we have to disable so much to save our batteries frankly not a well executed release only my opinion and might very well be due to my loading onto my iphone 4 with the phones internals being more at fault.

anyone else here with an iphone 4 are you having to disable almost all features to have 8 hrs of battery time?

and why would you put bold type feature under accessability instead of where text size resides under the general area?? in all is okay but I liked the simple navigation of the iphone if I wanted a droid I would have purchased one. as I said before only my opinion some like the new OS others not so much maybe they can fix it all for next years iphone and Please apple no iOS 8 you need to fix this one first.

How old is your iPhone 4? Because the battery life is going to degrade simply from charging it over time. So if you have more than two years of use on it and you drained the battery every day, you already are getting only 75% or so of the original battery life to being with.

I'm sorry you don't like the placement of the "bold text" option...you've brought that up several times. But, I have set mine to "on" and never have to look at it again, so I don't understand your issue with this? I'm just happy as a clam to even have this option as well as the larger text, since they weren't even offered before! (btw...just how CAN you tell if a clam is happy? LOL!)

I have an iPhone 4 and have most things turned off, simply because I don't use them often. When I need a location service for an app, I turn it on then. It helps my battery life which is greatly improved over the last week or so since downloading iOS7. If I do any "gaming" or leave the display on, the battery is toast and drains in a short while.

Last edited:
Q: I can't get the weather widget to work on the lock screen like iOS 5/6. What's going on?

A: The weather "widget" if you can even call it that anymore, has been replaced with a written description of the weather. You must have Location Services on, and Weather access to Location allowed for you to see the current weather conditions around your area. This does not take into account your own input, it uses Locations to determine the local weather. Unfortunately, it's not as elaborate or as detailed as the old weather widget in notifications, but that might soon change with the upcoming iOS 7 follow-up patches/hotfixes.

I have location services turned on but weather does not show up in the notification center. You say you MUST have Weather access. What does this mean? I do have the standard Apple (Yahoo) weather app and The Weather Channel app. I can open and view weather in each of these. I have iPhone 4S and weather was always in the notification center before I upgraded to iOS7 this morning. I upgraded my iPad mini to iOS7 and the weather info IS in notification center on it. Any other suggestions for the iPhone 4S?

EDIT---- FUGITABUTIT. after digging further into settings, I found that the Weather notification service was turned OFF after all.

Last edited: