What's new

Official IOS 7 thread.

Well i think ios 7 is absolutely rubbish, wish i could go back to ios 6 now..Will not be getting another iPhone will be getting a samsung next time, my battery just drains and drains..Sorry Apple your running out of ideas.

That's so weird. I upgraded to iOS 7 with my old i4 and the battery seems to actually last better. Hmmm...

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

That's so weird. I upgraded to iOS 7 with my old i4 and the battery seems to actually last better. Hmmm...

The battery life of my 5 seems to last better. Its pretty subjective to judge, but I would say 20-30% better.

a8yhe3ej.jpg

This is the battery on ios 5.1.1 4s jb

Let me guess. Have lots of Text, Email, Apps and Pictures on your iPhone?

I might well have yes but i have a 64Gb phone that has cost a lot of money and its just not good enough from apple imo, found another problem todat when i copy a phone number from my contacts and try to paste it into a text message the phone freezes, i tried to downgrade last night but apple have not stopped you downgrading..

I might well have yes but i have a 64Gb phone that has cost a lot of money and its just not good enough from apple imo, found another problem todat when i copy a phone number from my contacts and try to paste it into a text message the phone freezes, i tried to downgrade last night but apple have not stopped you downgrading..

For the first day iOS 7 has to reindex and sort all of your data. Took five hours on my iPhone 5S. KILLED the battery the first day. And if you are playing on the phone while it is doing this, one time housekeeping, it will take even longer. Once it was done and I did a full drain and recharge the battery life returned to normal.

So relax a bit. Apple made some major changes underneath the hood of iOS to make things smoother and faster. And your battery life will return.

Barry626... hello I did as you said and it showed the battery and the percent sign but never showed a green color so I did a total reset of phone now the battery shows green as it gains battery charge. maybe a glitch when it downloaded stuff happens.
but what I really meant was if phone turned on while charging the screen itself had a large picture of battery showing green as to status of battery charge not up at the corner as is on iOS 7. thank you for your response.

xrayeyes.... after i did a total reset of my phone now iTunes pops up then iPhoto like it used to i understand it not but it is as it was again.

the good news is on iOS 6 iPhoto would always sync itself again after itunes had already done that and i had to wait as it would never allow me to close or force quit until it was done now that was annoying.
but since iOS 7 it is quick to sync could it be that iOS 6 wanted me to upgrade to the current new iPhoto software that was a pay for software upgrade as now it no longer asks me that so far I'm 2 for 2 . thank you for your input.

I am having battery longevity issues am wondering if more due to age of battery as still original battery it came with 2 yrs 7 months old is this a very long time for a phone battery to last?
or is it shorter than most get from an iphone 4?

I charged my phone monday by 7:30 am full charge by 8pm down to 27% now i did a few text and 2 emails and 20 web surfs on verizon network 3g so is this good bad or? as a new battery is way cheaper than a new phone.

So far I am really frustrated with the way mail behaves in ios7. Although I am not someone who leaves emails unread, I now have over 6,000 emails that are unread (according to the banner on my mail icon). I have gone in about 10 times to mark all as unread, but what seems to be happening is that Mail keeps going to my POP server and downloading old old old old emails. In ios6 I could limit how many mail messages load onto my phone, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that now unless I go to my webmail and delete messages. No, I don't use Gmail or anything like that ..... it's a mail account attached to my business website.

Other than that I like ios7, especially features like the Control Panel. But seeing as I use my phone mainly for communicating (email/phone/text) the frustrations are outweighing the benefit for me so far.

So far I am really frustrated with the way mail behaves in ios7. Although I am not someone who leaves emails unread, I now have over 6,000 emails that are unread (according to the banner on my mail icon). I have gone in about 10 times to mark all as unread, but what seems to be happening is that Mail keeps going to my POP server and downloading old old old old emails. In ios6 I could limit how many mail messages load onto my phone, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that now unless I go to my webmail and delete messages. No, I don't use Gmail or anything like that ..... it's a mail account attached to my business website.

Other than that I like ios7, especially features like the Control Panel. But seeing as I use my phone mainly for communicating (email/phone/text) the frustrations are outweighing the benefit for me so far.

I haven't heard of this happening before. I'd try deleting the account and then put it back on.

I am having battery longevity issues am wondering if more due to age of battery as still original battery it came with 2 yrs 7 months old is this a very long time for a phone battery to last?
or is it shorter than most get from an iphone 4?

I charged my phone monday by 7:30 am full charge by 8pm down to 27% now i did a few text and 2 emails and 20 web surfs on verizon network 3g so is this good bad or? as a new battery is way cheaper than a new phone.

2 big things that will help - 1) Settings, General, Accessibility, Reduce Motion and turn it on 2) reduce your screen brightness

I'm getting really frustrated with the calendar app. Setting an appointment is insane. The time and date settings are so small I can barely change it. No list view by default, you have to select the search magnifier to show a list and it won't stay after exiting. And nothing shows under calendar on the notification screen until the first event is due, then it will show the next one on the timeline...Sometimes...sometimes it doesn't. Very buggy.

I haven't had any issues with the email app except for sometimes forgetting to swipe the opposite way I've been used to for years so I can delete a message. I use an Exchange account, two gmail accounts and two privately owned domain accounts. All seem to work fine.

The colors in the stock apps and the frosty colors are getting really old quick, pretty much makes me sick using it trying to read light gray text on a white background. Maybe it's an age thing, I suppose if I were 20-30 years younger I'd think it was rad, but at nearly 50, it sucks...

One thing I was thinking, if Apple really wants iOS 7 to look and feel like the Android/Win8 GUI, why didn't they add notification icons in the title bar too?

This icon showed up (4S) after installing IOS7. Doesn't open and can't delete it.
Any ideas?
Cheers!
$image-1479544142.jpg

So far I am really frustrated with the way mail behaves in ios7. Although I am not someone who leaves emails unread, I now have over 6,000 emails that are unread (according to the banner on my mail icon). I have gone in about 10 times to mark all as unread, but what seems to be happening is that Mail keeps going to my POP server and downloading old old old old emails. In ios6 I could limit how many mail messages load onto my phone, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that now unless I go to my webmail and delete messages. No, I don't use Gmail or anything like that ..... it's a mail account attached to my business website. Other than that I like ios7, especially features like the Control Panel. But seeing as I use my phone mainly for communicating (email/phone/text) the frustrations are outweighing the benefit for me so far.

I'm having the exact same issue. It's very annoying.

I deleted the account from my phone and then reloaded it. So far that seems to be working.