What's new

Official IOS 7 thread.

Both our 4S iPhones up to date last night though one phone was able to update hours before the other,y phone said it had current iOS @ 6.1.3. So far like 7, for me, being fairly new to iPhones anything is awesome! To have a fully functional computer in my pocket is something I could only dream of less than 20 years ago - back in the days of 386 pentium with a whopping 4 mg ram wrapped in a desktop the size of a suitcase.

iOS 7 is mostly intuitive for a newbie, some settings seem to be hidden by obscure setting titles but everything is running good Battery life is less, made the recommended changes @ beginning of this thread, see what happens.

I do have a question, after the update my wife's phone asked (both on same iTunes acct) asked if we wanted to use my email and phone # for iMessage, hit cancel now my phone displays that I can be reached at her # - we've never used any of the iMessage features, from my understanding that includes Facetime (?). What does this mean? And how do I change it if I want to? Couldn't find a changeable option on my phone. We use same accts for Kindles & iTunes, mostly for manageability. Too late now to change with apps, music and books all being ties together.

Sent from somewhere in the desert west of Phoenix AZ from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net

I too just hate the stark white background. I have MS Office 2013 and it's the same stark white background
with it being hard to read/see. No separation, defination between settings ect.. It is not good. Is there anyway
to change this PLEASE?

Is anyone coming from a jailbroken iphone to iOS 7? I'm thinking about making a switch.

I got guys. Thank you so much. That's just cool

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I too just hate the stark white background. I have MS Office 2013 and it's the same stark white background
with it being hard to read/see. No separation, defination between settings ect.. It is not good. Is there anyway
to change this PLEASE?

Sorry, no. And Jony Ive has barely listened to us beta testers. He only changed a few very minor things concerning the all white design.

I hate a stark white background too. That is what shows on the keypad for the phone - stark white background with round circles with numbers. Don't like this at all. Does anyone know if I can change that?

Sorry, no. And Jony Ive has barely listened to us beta testers. He only changed a few very minor things concerning the all white design.
i agree with SandraD, it's just awful, i have trouble seeing it too no matter how i juggle the brightness, not a happy bunny :(

In my opinion, Apple is at fault for the problems with the Control Center swipe up not working with the Otter Box Case.

The Notification Center Swipe Down works flawlessly in the same case no matter which direction I rotate the iPad Mini to. All 4 sides work fine so the swipe gesture could be recognized easily by Apple. Plus, Apple wastes tons of screen real estate at the top that could easily allow the control center to be shown by default when the home button is pressed twice. They would have just had to move the open windows more towards the top to fit the control center.

But, the way to get the control center swipe up to work inside the otter box case is to start the swipe on the edge of the case, not on the screen. Works every time if you do a quick swipe starting on the case edge.

Hope this helps. I wanted to reply in the original thread but some incredibly anal guy felt the need to close it which forced me to put it in this thread making the answer harder to find.

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS

Does anyone know why some iMessages are light blue and some are dark blue?

iMessages are using a gradient coloring scheme. IE the bubbles nearer the top of the screen are always going to go towards light blue and the bottom bubbles will go towards dark blue.

Why they did this is beyond me. Another one of those Jony Ive's "I am a design *bleep*ing MASTER!"

Personally I hope he is fired before he can do any more damage to iOS and OSX.

In my opinion, Apple is at fault for the problems with the Control Center swipe up not working with the Otter Box Case.

The Notification Center Swipe Down works flawlessly in the same case no matter which direction I rotate the iPad Mini to. All 4 sides work fine so the swipe gesture could be recognized easily by Apple. Plus, Apple wastes tons of screen real estate at the top that could easily allow the control center to be shown by default when the home button is pressed twice. They would have just had to move the open windows more towards the top to fit the control center.

But, the way to get the control center swipe up to work inside the otter box case is to start the swipe on the edge of the case, not on the screen. Works every time if you do a quick swipe starting on the case edge.

Hope this helps. I wanted to reply in the original thread but some incredibly anal guy felt the need to close it which forced me to put it in this thread making the answer harder to find.

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS

Apple isn't at fault. In fact Apple added a feature, that wasn't needed, to appease a very vocal monitory. And that was the most logical place to add it. Only the Defender or other similar cases will have this issue. Which means less than 10% of owners of iOS devices will have any kind of issue. Odds are Otterbox will redesign the case for this new feature.

Oh and the reason my fellow moderator closed the other thread is because having 50 sources of information versus 1 source is the difference between repeated/fragmented conversation versus concise.

And since we do this forum stuff pretty much on a daily basis, we know how to keep things running smoothly. So read your advice out loud while looking in the mirror. ;)

If you have any issues when update through your device, try downloading iTunes 11.1 and update through iTunes. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
For me it was a lot faster though the device

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

to change this PLEASE?

I hate this as well. I like some of the new features, but if I saved my blobs right as instructed by Willerz, I may just go back to iOS6 on my iPhone4. However, I was going to upgrade to the 5s soon. I really, really dislike the graphics on this new iOS!

I'm not a big fan of this update at all. I was getting really bored with iOS. I was hoping they would do something to keep it from getting stale. Well. They just slapped a new paint job on it and added some aftermarket parts. I am probably going back to my GS4. I really like the screen size if nothing else. When Apple decides to give the iPhone a larger screen I will come back. I like a lot of what Apple has. Just don't like how they are doing it.