What's new

Official IOS 7 thread.

The first page of thread tells you. Double tap home button like before only now you slide the window with the app up off screen and it gets closed. Hope that helps.

Stone

An ironic bit of nostalgia for those of us who came to the iPhone from the Palm Pre, as that was exactly the way WebOS handled it.

after the update my wife's phone asked (both on same iTunes acct) asked if we wanted to use my email and phone # for iMessage, hit cancel now my phone displays that I can be reached at her # - we've never used any of the iMessage features, from my understanding that includes Facetime (?). What does this mean? And how do I change it if I want to? [\QUOTE]

Is there nothing I can do now, being asked I figured there had to be a way to change it afterward.

Sent from somewhere in the desert west of Phoenix AZ from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net

Most of you just complains, but you all could see and knew how the iOS7 was going to look like. There were no secrets about it! So if you saw it and didn't like the colours, you shouldn't have update then!!! I'm sick of these blah blah blah complains like little crying babies! If you r not happy switch to Samsung or whatever! iOS7 looks great to me!! I like changes and this one is really great. Especially on iPad it looks amazing! No glitches! I love the colours and backgrounds. I love the swiping thing to close and seems like it came to life a bit!!! I have nothing to complain! Plus it's free!!!!! If you didn't like the colours your shouldn't have updated!!!! Simple as that!!!! Go back to your caves then!!

is there any way to downgrade back to ios6? i've read that now that its gone public you can't

If I make complaints to Apple, I don't think I would get this kind of response. If you don't like to hear/read people's complaints, shut your ears/eyes up and go to enjoy your new ios7. I hate what ios7 look like, so I haven't upgraded yet and am suspending my 5s order for now.

I attempted for a few hours to wirelessly to upgrade and kept getting a "Unable to check for Update" message even though I had waited an hour past the time iOS7 was released in my area. I decided to try it the old fashion way by connecting my iPhone and iPad to my computer via sync cable and upgrade through iTunes. It took mr about 25 minutes to do my iPhone 5 and about 35 minutes to do my ipad 3.
The biggest issue I have been having app updates. Before applying iOS 7 I checked and updated all my apps till there weren't anymore than did the same thing in iTunes. Since upgrading iTunes has showed me over 15 app updates but neither of my devices show there are any. I have tried to get them with automatic updates on and off on both devices.
Anyone else having this issue?

I manually update apps and when they are updated they stay in the App Store update list. They now show "open" instead of "update". How do I clear the list after updates? It used to clear when the update was done. Will these updates show forever?

I manually update apps and when they are updated they stay in the App Store update list. They now show "open" instead of "update". How do I clear the list after updates? It used to clear when the update was done. Will these updates show forever?
You can't clear the list but they don't stay around forever. They self-delete after about a week.

I've been using iOS 7 on my iphone 5 for two days, and 35 hours on my iPad 4, and I'm still getting just over 30 hours of battery life. Apple did an amazing job with this release! :)

battery seems to drain a tad faster

but on the plus side, it seems charging through USB connected via pc is faster. back then i would b using it while charging via comp and it would just stay the same, go up very very very slowly, or evern drain while connected. now it charges, not as quick, but def an imporvement

I just updated and it took me longer to find my password, it was really quick. I haven't had a good look round but it seems to be good to me ~ may have a moan later haha

Any way to delete music that you don't want? The old one you could swipe and delete, not seeing it here.

iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 is still being signed at the time of this post. If you want to revert back to iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4, download the IPSW, put your device into DFU mode, and shift/command + click the Restore button, and browse to your iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4. This does NOT require blobs and can be closed any second without a notice.

ohh Damn it This New iOS blow my mind awesome , and the best update apple made since first iphone with all this new features and New design
we must be proud that we gget

Last edited by a moderator:
What the heck... Disconnected from charge, didn't touch phone for 4 hours, went to use it was @ 94% - ck email and sent one txt, browsed this forum for a couple minutes - down to 86% !
It was ok for first couple days now all of sudden I'm watching the numbers on battery counter tick down. I am hoping this is an anomaly because this is not cool.

Sent from somewhere in the desert west of Phoenix AZ from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net