What's new

Official IOS 7 thread.

Ok well checking thing out and wow decided to turn on invert colors wow talk about day to night the only problem is the pics are invert but everything darker looks radical js lol im goin to try this for a bit see how it fits

So far really liking iOS 7. There are two things that I really don't like. First, maybe others can help with. I can't seem to get my albums to be listed by artist instead of cd name. I went to iPod in music, have it checked to display by album artist, still no go. Anyone have any ideas for this?

Oh, I REALLY don't like the new web browser.

As far as the battery, I'm not having any issues with drainage. One thing though is it seems to take longer to charge.

So far really liking iOS 7. There are two things that I really don't like. First, maybe others can help with. I can't seem to get my albums to be listed by artist instead of cd name. I went to iPod in music, have it checked to display by album artist, still no go. Anyone have any ideas for this?

Oh, I REALLY don't like the new web browser.

As far as the battery, I'm not having any issues with drainage. One thing though is it seems to take longer to charge.

Try the music setting for grouping by album artist. Settings>music>group by album artist>Off

How do you get rid of the open apps you have open on the ios 7?? On the old system you just double pressed the button and held down on one of the apps and got the minus sign and you could delete the ones open that you wanted to close out. How do you do it on the new system?

So I figured out the slide to close app thing but the few things I liked on my iPhone are missing and was wondering if somebody knew how to either get them back or assist working with how iOS 7 works on iPhone 4.
Basically I liked double tapping and sliding the bottom bar to the left to shortcut access the music player, similarly I'd double tap the lock screen to pull up the music player controls (rewind, play/pause, fast forward). I can only do the latter on the lock screen while the MP3 player or pandora/podcasts are currently playing. If it's stopped and I double tap I don't see the player controls. Likewise they're gone from the double tap slider bar. These are nitpicks, I am enjoying new iOS but the player and I'm missing the orientation lock toggle from the same location. Sadly the tweet/face boo post from notification bar are gone but I'd really like to be able to use the MP3 player more conveniently. Not a fan of this mandatory podcast app but what're ya gonna do I guess? Thanks in advance sorry if these answers were already posted but there wet so many threads.

Stone

How do you get rid of the open apps you have open on the ios 7?? On the old system you just double pressed the button and held down on one of the apps and got the minus sign and you could delete the ones open that you wanted to close out. How do you do it on the new system?
The first page of thread tells you. Double tap home button like before only now you slide the window with the app up off screen and it gets closed. Hope that helps.

Stone

I think Apple hired the designer from MS Office 2013 who should have been fired if he/she hasn't been yet. This white is horrendous and too hard to focus on!

So I figured out the slide to close app thing but the few things I liked on my iPhone are missing and was wondering if somebody knew how to either get them back or assist working with how iOS 7 works on iPhone 4.
Basically I liked double tapping and sliding the bottom bar to the left to shortcut access the music player, similarly I'd double tap the lock screen to pull up the music player controls (rewind, play/pause, fast forward). I can only do the latter on the lock screen while the MP3 player or pandora/podcasts are currently playing. If it's stopped and I double tap I don't see the player controls. Likewise they're gone from the double tap slider bar. These are nitpicks, I am enjoying new iOS but the player and I'm missing the orientation lock toggle from the same location. Sadly the tweet/face boo post from notification bar are gone but I'd really like to be able to use the MP3 player more conveniently. Not a fan of this mandatory podcast app but what're ya gonna do I guess? Thanks in advance sorry if these answers were already posted but there wet so many threads.

Stone

From either the open screen or the lock screen you can swipe up to control center and then access the music player controls.

I like the update, phone feels snappier. I was sick of the old icons so the new ones are nice. The white is a bit much at times. But overall I really like it. The airdrop i see myself using a lot. Even simple things like the flashlight button was a nice surprise. Parallax and dynamic wallpapers are pretty cool.

I had a problem updating but it was my own fault. I am working overseas and I used my phone tethered to my mac to download and install the update. Well it downloaded fine but when it went to update, of course I blanked the phone and then decided to check the update with the server. Because the phone was blank the update process crashed and my phone was in recovery mode. My own stupid fault for not thinking of it. But you would think that iTunes would verify the software before it wipes the phone. I had to borrow a friends phone to get the update verified.

Overall though, iOS7 big thumbs up so far.

Last edited:
I was used to being able to swipe and delete messages but now I have to edit them select THEN delete. Battery drain is definitely noticeable. I messed with the camera. I'm liking very much. Panorama is very sweet and easier to do. I can get rid of many camera apps since it has filters