What's new

Official IOS 7 thread.

Hi guys,

I've updated to iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 and my keypad isn't translucent it's just white, has anyone had this problem or know how to solve it? I've restored the phone twice and still my keypad isn't translucent. Thanks in advance.

I've added a well-written article that compares/shows the iPhone 4's performance differences compared to the 4S and 5 in the initial post at the bottom.

Hi guys,

I've updated to iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 and my keypad isn't translucent it's just white, has anyone had this problem or know how to solve it? I've restored the phone twice and still my keypad isn't translucent. Thanks in advance.

Is it slightly translucent or just completely white throughout.

Here's a screenshot:

$IMG_0036.jpg
The circle line around each number is translucent but it should all be translucent from what I've read. I have googled this issue but to no avail.

its a lot more secure and you are prompted to use a four digit pass even if you dont usually use one, plus the secure find my iphone. I really like many of the features even though they came from jailbreak some one them, I love having it on a stock ipsw so I dont have to jailbreak. such as the ios version of sbsettings and on the ipad the notification centre takes the whole screen now.

So much that I really like about it.. felt weird to use especially since some things have changed like how to close apps open in the background or how to now access the search on the ios device where you used to scroll all the way to the left you can now just use your finger and push down anywhere on the springboard on any page. the new folder look I love it all..

I was not too keen on it the first few minutes until I got used to it I have to say but for sure I like it much more then ios 6

I've added a well-written article that compares/shows the iPhone 4's performance differences compared to the 4S and 5 in the initial post at the bottom.

I'd like to read this, but not sure where it's located. What initial post? Can u link it? Thanks!

Ooops, nevermind. I found it in the FAQ's in Poisonivy's post.

Last edited:
Hmm, I have an iPhone 4. I am planning on upgrading to 5s soon. After reading that article, I am not going to install iOS7 on my phone. I think it will lag too much. Thanks for the info!

So i checked for updates on Itunes on my Mac..and it says 10.6.3 is the current one. I used the link provided here to download 11.1 and when I try to install it it says Itunes cannot be installed on this computer?? What the heck?

So... they claimed the new folders will be able to hold infinite number of icons/apps. Yet, I was able to reach 15 pages within one folder, and I can't add anything to that folder anymore. ;)
(I know I have to do some major app cleanup, but I just wanted to try this first.)

So i checked for updates on Itunes on my Mac..and it says 10.6.3 is the current one. I used the link provided here to download 11.1 and when I try to install it it says Itunes cannot be installed on this computer?? What the heck?

could be to do with the version osx you have? what do you have installed? the file worked for me (osx mountain lion 10.8.5)

It's showing Mac OS X 10.5.8. It's an old PowerBook g4.

It's showing Mac OS X 10.5.8. It's an old PowerBook g4.

yeah thats what I thought, you have to upgrade your mac

[h=3]Macintosh System Requirements[/h]
  • Mac computer with an Intel Core processor
  • OS X version 10.6.8 or later <<<<<<================
  • 400MB of available disk space
  • Broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store

well im in no position to get a new computer..so im screwed with having the right version of Itunes once I upgrade to IOS7?

well im in no position to get a new computer..so im screwed with having the right version of Itunes once I upgrade to IOS7?

well support for ios 7 is added in the latest version of itunes so if you cant upgrade the version of osx to 10.6.8 at least then maybe you could try other means such as using vmware or another computer if you have access to one, there are alternatives to having to buy a new computer