What's new

Official IOS 7 thread.

Settings > General > accessibility > Reduce Motion > On

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

Thank you so much! That would have driven me crazy had I not been able to turn it off.

Have any of our U.S. members tried iTunes Radio yet?

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

I've been trying since 10 PST and finally around 11:45 I was able to get the latest iTunes. Installed that and now it's slowly downloading IOS 7.

Not enough free space on either my iPhone 4 or the wife's iPad 2 to do a wireless update...guess it will be via iTunes when I get round to it.

Having said that, I'm not sure I'll bother with my iPhone 4 just yet anyway....I will be updating to the 5s as soon as I can, and the sister-in-law is taking the 4 off my hands, so I will just do a restore once a shiny new iPhone 5s is in my hands :)

Either the download or the new IOS 7 drained my battery. It was 100% charged this morning and now it's down to 14%.

My sons 4s is showing the update in setting on his phone but theres no option underneath to download and install, has anyone any idea why that is?.....problem solved.

Last edited:
At the end of the updating process when my iphone was about to restart I got an error message saying "update not available at this time" and I'm still stuck with the old version of IOS and 2gigs of used space !
Any suggestions ?

Sent from my iPad

Less than 30 minutes of downloading and this is what I get in the Philippines. Sigh.

Attachments

• $image-2996623047.jpg
    $image-2996623047.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 644
  • $image-3594834636.jpg
    $image-3594834636.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 649
Yahooey! No more getting the spotlight screen when I meant to double click the home button! That was genius!

Okay, I am absolutely loving iOS 7!

The Good:

iTunes Radio - I have been playing around with it and it is better than I thought it would be. Too many stations to even count!

Videos - This was a total surprise to me. I can stream all of my iTunes contents from wifi. I don't have to download movies onto my phone to view them. Unfortunately it only works on wifi. To view movies in 4G/LTE it has to be downloaded.

Siri - It is absolutely more functional. I thought it was okay before the update, but mostly as a novelty. I mostly used it to get sports scores. Now it absolutely controls the phone. I can turn features on and off. I can open apps.

The Bad:

iPod: I have around 400 CDs in my iPod library. The new cd display is a bit much. Also, I can't seem to be able to list CDs by artist. It only lists by cd title. I've been playing in the iPod settings, I have list by artist, but still no go.

Control Center - I made a thread earlier about not brig able to access it. A member here jumped on it and unfortunately nailed it. I can't open control center while my iPhone is in it's Otterbox Defender case.

That's all I have so far.

My sons 4s is showing the update in setting on his phone but theres no option underneath to download and install, has anyone any idea why that is?

Maybe he doesn't have enough free storage space. I had the same problem on one of my iPad 3's. I believe you need about 3.5 GB of free space to do the download. This space is freed up after the completion of the download and installation.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator