What's new

Official Apple IOS Firmware Download Links for iPhone

the thread has been updated with the official 5.0 firmware links.

Anyone who struggles with installation direct from iTunes may be best advised to download to your desktop via the correct link in this post then shift-restore (windows) / option-restore (osx) in iTunes and select the downloaded file.

How teh hell can i select that os version in my itunes when there are zip files not ipsw???

cant really understand where can i find that ipsw file from??

I hoped I'd finally be able to update to iOS 5 after trying for a couple of days to download it through iTunes only to get "Internet connection timed out" so I downloaded it from this thread only to get the 3002 error grrr! I thought that was an apple server issue and something I'd hoped to avoid updating from the desktop through iTunes.

Shift click and type in the file name and it should be there. That's how I do it.

Thanks,i did it.Now i got iOS5 with old bb version.

if i'm on 4.3.1 now,does that mean i have a gsm iphone?
and if its factory unlock,do i need a way to preserve baseband or thta is only for unlockers?

I have a locked iphone 4 running iOS 5 with bb 04.08.11. Is there yet a way to unlock it so I can use with any gsm carrier?

rodaeche said:
I have a locked iphone 4 running iOS 5 with bb 04.08.11. Is there yet a way to unlock it so I can use with any gsm carrier?

Nope. No way.