What's new

Official Apple IOS Firmware Download Links for iPhone

I just do not understand why you can't restore your device to 5.0 with the files in post 1? What does it do if you try that? Thanks

Edit: I'm on 5.0.1 and if I wanted to restore to 5.0 what happens?

Last edited:
I just do not understand why you can't restore your device to 5.0 with the files in post 1? What does it do if you try that? Thanks

you can, but you just have to make sure your device is listed there.. the person who asked for their ipod touch firmware does not have it listed because this is a iphone forum not a ipod touch one :)

so just look up under your devices name and it will be there and will work, just do a option/shift - restore but make sure you download the correct firmware for your device

you can, but you just have to make sure your device is listed there.. the person who asked for their ipod touch firmware does not have it listed because this is a iphone forum not a ipod touch one :)

so just look up under your devices name and it will be there and will work, just do a option/shift - restore but make sure you download the correct firmware for your device

Thanks.. So if I'm running 5.0.1 and the jailbreak gets released for 5.0 I can restore back to get it? Thanks

Thanks.. So if I'm running 5.0.1 and the jailbreak gets released for 5.0 I can restore back to get it? Thanks

that makes no sense... if you are running 5.0.1 and a un tethered jailbreak is released all you have to do is jailbreak it, you don't have to do any restoring you will just simply run the tool released for that firmware and jailbreak the device.

Does this mean i can still get 5.0 instead of updating straight to 5.0.1?  (please dont burst my bubble LOL)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why would you want 5.0 and not 5.0.1?

*takes a pin and bursts that bubble ;)*

no you cant do that

chillenandy321 said:

Edit: I'm on 5.0.1 and if I wanted to restore to 5.0 what happens?

It fails because you will not have valid matching APTicket and SHSH Blobs. The only way to restore 5.0 now is if you used iFaith 1.4 when 5.0 was installed on your device and created a pre-signed custom firmware.

If you don't believe us, just try it and watch it fail... :D

that makes no sense... if you are running 5.0.1 and a un tethered jailbreak is released all you have to do is jailbreak it, you don't have to do any restoring you will just simply run the tool released for that firmware and jailbreak the device.

why would you want 5.0 and not 5.0.1?

*takes a pin and bursts that bubble ;)*

no you cant do that

Ahhhhh man knew it was too good to be true . I wanted to upgrade to 5.0 to eventually be able to run a tethered but never mind.. Ill just stick with my 4.3.5 for now until the cydia apps i want to keep become available for ios5... I would have risked them for tge oppertunity to eventually be able to run a tethered on ios5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is a jailbreak for ios 5 but its tethered and also there is a semi-tethered jailbreak so you could get those apps if you dont care about not having an un tethered jailbreak

How much time 'll it take for an iphonr4 to get factory unlock with orange as its carier and uk as its country

How much time 'll it take for an iphonr4 to get factory unlock with orange as its carier and uk as its country

Once you have had the necessary conversation with Orange (and assuming they agree to unlock) it usually happens almost instantaneously, but can take up to 24 hours...

f4780y said:
Once you have had the necessary conversation with Orange (and assuming they agree to unlock) it usually happens almost instantaneously, but can take up to 24 hours...

Thnks buddy