What's new

Not receiving imessages from only one person.

browneyedgirl

Reaction score
I am not able to receive imessages from my friend. It is strange because I can receive text messages from other friends with iPhones. I now am wondering if I inadvertently blocked her from imessaging. Is that even possible? I have SMS on so I could receive her texts through SMS. I am getting email from her on my phone just no texts. I have reactivated my icloud password, reset the phone. Still no luck. Anyone have any other suggestions I can try?

Maybe she has iMessage on her iPhone turned off? That would explain being able to receive SMS text messages from her, but not iMessages.

I sorry scifan57. I am not receiving any texts from her. I probably did not explain it all. One more thing. If I reset my apple id for icloud will that affect imesaage & would I need to reset it in messages on the phone? I may have caused more issues trying to solve this problem.

Go into Settings, FaceTime and scroll down to the bottom. Click on blocked. Look there to see if her number is there.
And let's not overlook, the problem might be from her end, not yours.

FaceTime just has a convienent place to find the blocked #s. Take a look at the blocked sections in settings for phone or messages. Same info is there. Make sure you didn't block her.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 521