What's new

Imessage problem. HELP

asapryrysenn

Reaction score
When I text my friends and when they receive it, it only shows as my email. Not as my number. Also right now it won't even let me text anyone and I don't know what's goin on. I went to settings and iMessage and changed receive at and it still won't put the check on my phone number. Could anyone help please?

When I text my friends and when they receive it, it only shows as my email. Not as my number. Also right now it won't even let me text anyone and I don't know what's goin on. I went to settings and iMessage and changed receive at and it still won't put the check on my phone number. Could anyone help please?
go to Contacts and see if your own name and number is in there,if it isn't then add it to Contacts.

^^^^ I had to do this and it worked for me. Although me using a att phone and a tmobile sim I had input my apn and stuff again

You need to turn off iMessage and FaceTime then go to settings - phone and check my number is correct. Either enter or If correct then turn iMessage and FaceTime back on it should then work! From what I have seen, if you set up your iphone before the sim is enabled it doesn't (your iphone) realise your phone has a number so uses your apple Id email instead. This fix has worked for at least 10 of my friends that were eager to get their phones started.