What's new

Not real happy with the OS4 series

TRZ06

Reaction score
I am not sure if it is the iPhone 4 or the OS4 series of firmware, but ever since I have gotten my iPhone 4 (upgraded from the 3gs) I get crashes A LOT from most of my apps at one time or another.

Anyone else experience this?

It seems to me that OS4 is rather buggy and not as stable as the OS3 firmware.

It never once crashed on me until I jailbroke it. Which is why I am jailed again. I have had at points every single app on my phone running in the background and it still runs like butter.

Every new os will always have more bugs than the old. With every update there will be less and less.

My phone crashes all of the time, im thinking of taking it back to Apple!!

A common problem with the new ios4 is that people forget or arent used to the new multitasking feature. Whenever you leave an app it is still running in the background. As much as it sucks, every now and then you have to double tap your home button and start closing apps. And before ppl start saying well this and this app dont support multitasking, even tho the app doesnt, the phone still has it running in the background

And if there is anyone that says they are unhappy with their JAILBROKEN, crashing, iphone, thats not really the phones fault... Just gotta be smart about what you install.

i thought os4 was the best out of all of them.. the only one i did not want to jailbreak

as long as it is 3gs , it is better to Down grad it to 3.1.3

A common problem with the new ios4 is that people forget or arent used to the new multitasking feature. Whenever you leave an app it is still running in the background. As much as it sucks, every now and then you have to double tap your home button and start closing apps. And before ppl start saying well this and this app dont support multitasking, even tho the app doesnt, the phone still has it running in the background

How do u actually shut down one of those apps?

Double click the home button, then when the apps running in the background come up, just press one for a moment until an "X" in red appears on the app. Touch the X on the app you want to close.