What's new

Broke my Apple Watch series 3 got a series 4 now

Reaction score
Well I have had some bad luck! While cleaning my series 3 Apple Watch, I dropped it and it hit on the side and completely shattered the screen! So I ended up getting a new series 4 44mm space grey w/ black band. I am currently updating it to newest iOS. It seems that while the update is going my iPhone 7 Plus is having issues now. Keep getting a pop up screen that says apps on Watch can’t install until update is completed. It pops up so many times I have had to reset the phone twice now. Anyone else having or had this issue? I love the new Watch already. Just need to get the update completed and it will be ready to go!

After installing new iOS Watch is working as should as well as phone. Disregard post above about issue. Other then that I am liking the watch a bunch. The screen is just so dang nice! And it’s definitely a lot faster then the previous series 3 I have.

So just to update since getting my Apple Watch series 4. The battery life is phenomenal! With background app refresh turned off, and a simple screen I was able to get nearly 4 days of use out of it! And man it is so nice having that much battery. Don’t have to worry about it dying on me every day!!! What a great watch!! And I’ve only had it a few days. Now I am going to buy the new Spigen rugged armor pro case with band for it! They will be out this week. Here is a pic of it.
IMG_9964.jpg

This case with band and a good screen protector should make the watch pretty darn tough!!!

Did you ever notice that nobody uses protective cases for their very expensive Swiss watches that can easily cost over $100,000.00. Cases for the Apple Watches are a follow on from iPhone case manufacturers who saw a potential market to exploit. The choice to use one not is totally up to the user.

Last edited:
Well I work in and around planes and under the dashboards of them. The chances for me to bang my watch up are more then average. This is mostly why I use a case. Yes I could take the watch off but it kind of defeats the purpose of having it at times. I have an elderly mother that I care for and the watch is used to be able to have contact with her when I can’t get to my phone easily. No these cases aren’t for everyone, but for someone that may bang them up as I do, they do provide some level of protection over just the naked watch.