What's new

Apple Watch Series 4 Durability..!!??

mountaineer304

Reaction score
So I finally decided to give in and trade my fiancée and my Apple watch series 3s in for some new updated series 4s.... So to start off I purchased one Apple Watch series 4 44mm Space Gray and one Apple Watch Series 4 40mm in Pink/Rose Gold... First impressions this device blows our old ones out of the water and part way to the moon, the processor is so much more fluid and quick, loading Tim's have improved dramatically, power up time is around 30 seconds compared to the wel over 60 seconds on the previous model, also the screens and hold device seem refined and more sleek and smooth, all while fitting a larger screen onto the same sized body with slimmer bezels.. Now apple once again claims these displays to be a "sapphire" display the most scratch "resistant" ever... And the anodized aluminum casing is supposed to be more resilient against scratches, scuffs and abrasions... Well after a week with both the watches completely "naked" and just general everyday use I've come to the conclusion I'm not completely confident that the "new" coating is any more resilient and I'm fact maybe less resilient than previous models... I've already managed to take a large "chunk" of the coating off directly above the left of the screen clear down to the aluminum and my fiancé has managed to take multiple chunks and scratches all along the body of her pink device which is kind of..... "Disappointing" to say the least but it was kind of expected... So not saying I was surprised by the fact but it was kind of holding hopes out that Apple had developed some kind of space age scratch proof coating lol... But all in all I'm extremely impressed with the upgrades the Ion X glass is decent, the processor is AMAZING with the 64-bit S4 processor W3 chip with 2x performance, they've upgraded upgraded the 3-axis gyroscope with twice the dynamic range, which now allows them to be able to detect falls. Falls, trips, and slips can be identified and will automatically trigger an alert and allow you to call emergency services. If the Apple Watch detects that you haven't moved for 60 seconds, it will automatically make that emergency call for you, as well as sending your location to your emergency contact. Which is kinda neat, it also supports Bluetooth 5 something new, they drastically slimmed down the bezels on the OLED display which is the best of its kind available among wearables,they've seemed to address most if not all of the LTE connectivity issues on the last model as I or my fiancé haven't experienced any, and lastly they packed the same watch into this model claiming 18 hours off a charge which is pretty accurate I actually got a little more than that a few times myself... But all in all Apple did a very good job with the new watch, its a Great device which leaves users happy, competitor's upset and wishing and Apples revenues flowing I give it a 9 out of ten... This device would have scored a 9.5 or maybe a 10 but the coating on the aluminum docked that point off!! Good day
IMG_1542574470.932400.jpg
IMG_1542574479.353110.jpg
IMG_1542574487.323245.jpg

So let me know what your opion and takes are on the new Apple Watch Series 4