What's new

Good Deal or Buy New?

RS17185

Reaction score
Ok, I'm in the market for an apple watch, I'm looking to get the Space Grey Series 1 42mm. Everywhere has it for $300 brand new, I was able to find a used one on the local online classifieds for $200. I already talked with the seller and he bought it this past November and is only selling it because he got a Series 2 for Christmas. I asked him for the Serial # so I could check Apple Care+ eligibility and it is still eligible to purchase Apple Care+ until the 24th of this month.

I just wanted to get some quick second opinions on what you guys would do? go with the used one and save $100 or continue saving for the brand new $300 watch?

Thanks in advanced for your opinions/reply's!

Capture.JPG

If the seller is honest and the Watch is in good condition, it boils down to whether or not you want or need the extra features offered by the series 2.
One thing to check for before you pay for the watch is to make sure find my iPhone has been turned off on the Apple Watch. Have him do it in front of you before unpairing the Watch after demonstrating it to prove that it works properly.

If the seller is honest and the Watch is in good condition, it boils down to whether or not you want or need the extra features offered by the series 2.
One thing to check for before you pay for the watch is to make sure find my iPhone has been turned off on the Apple Watch. Have him do it in front of you before unpairing the Watch after demonstrating it to prove that it works properly.

Will do! Thanks for the tips!

Hard to say.

I purchased an Apple watch 42 mm (Series 1) on release day in 2015 and it crapped out just shy of two weeks before my 1 year Apple care warranty expired. No symptoms beforehand. Just died one day and that was that.

Apple replaced it (with a refurb) and gave me another 90 day warranty. It's been working great since (approx. 8 months). Hard to say if the used one you're buying won't go down the same path, but it's good to know that going in with a used product you never know what the future holds, especially when it comes to electronics.

If you can protect yourself with some Apple Warranty great, but if you're not in a financial pinch, I would buy something brand new and have the latest and greatest.

But that's just because I ball outta control as often as I can.

It all depends on the condition but Apple products hold their value though so 33% off is a huge saving. If it was me I'd buy the used one then treat myself to an extra strap or two.