Broke my Apple Watch series 3 got a series 4 now

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Talk' started by 933, Nov 27, 2018.

1. 933

933 Well-Known Member

Well I have had some bad luck! While cleaning my series 3 Apple Watch, I dropped it and it hit on the side and completely shattered the screen! So I ended up getting a new series 4 44mm space grey w/ black band. I am currently updating it to newest iOS. It seems that while the update is going my iPhone 7 Plus is having issues now. Keep getting a pop up screen that says apps on Watch can’t install until update is completed. It pops up so many times I have had to reset the phone twice now. Anyone else having or had this issue? I love the new Watch already. Just need to get the update completed and it will be ready to go!

2. 933

933 Well-Known Member

After installing new iOS Watch is working as should as well as phone. Disregard post above about issue. Other then that I am liking the watch a bunch. The screen is just so dang nice! And it’s definitely a lot faster then the previous series 3 I have.

• Like Like x 3
  3. 933

933 Well-Known Member

So just to update since getting my Apple Watch series 4. The battery life is phenomenal! With background app refresh turned off, and a simple screen I was able to get nearly 4 days of use out of it! And man it is so nice having that much battery. Don’t have to worry about it dying on me every day!!! What a great watch!! And I’ve only had it a few days. Now I am going to buy the new Spigen rugged armor pro case with band for it! They will be out this week. Here is a pic of it. IMG_9964.jpg
    This case with band and a good screen protector should make the watch pretty darn tough!!!

• Like Like x 3
  4. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Did you ever notice that nobody uses protective cases for their very expensive Swiss watches that can easily cost over $100,000.00. Cases for the Apple Watches are a follow on from iPhone case manufacturers who saw a potential market to exploit. The choice to use one not is totally up to the user.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. 933

933 Well-Known Member

Well I work in and around planes and under the dashboards of them. The chances for me to bang my watch up are more then average. This is mostly why I use a case. Yes I could take the watch off but it kind of defeats the purpose of having it at times. I have an elderly mother that I care for and the watch is used to be able to have contact with her when I can’t get to my phone easily. No these cases aren’t for everyone, but for someone that may bang them up as I do, they do provide some level of protection over just the naked watch.

• Like Like x 2