What's new

Calendar Alarm Options for iPhone 3G

Tosh McCaber

Reaction score
My son has given me his iPhone 3G V4.2.1- he's upgraded to the iPhone 4. Whilst I like it a lot, the one problem that I have is the pathetic little reminder double beep, as an alert for appointments on the inbuilt calender. I really can't think why, with an otherwise great piece of kit, Apple would send even their first iPhones to the marketwith no control over this "alert".

I would like a reasonably loud and long alert sound for my appointments on the Calendar on the phone. Does anyone know of any Calendar Apps that give a louder and longer repeating alert sound in calendar events, compared with the feeble inbuilt IPhone Calendar rather default short beeps?

I thought that I had the solution with CalAlarm, which has several independant good quality alarm tones- then I found when I tried to download it to the phone that it appaently requires OS 5 software, despite the advert on screen saing that it works on OS4.

Has anyone come across any other apps that may do the business? Thanks for any replies.