What's new

iPhone Calendar Alert Time Selection

JGreg7

Reaction score
The iPhone calendar only gives a small selection of alert times for calendar appointments. For example, the increments are 5, 15, 30 minutes, 1, 2, hours, 1, 2 days.

If I have a need for say a 4-hour reminder to give me time to travel somewhere, I am not able to select it.

When I make the appointment in Outlook, I can select any reminder time I wish, and it syncs over to the iPhone calendar with not problem. So, I know the calendar can physically handle any time that is input, it seems that the input screen only gives you limited options.

Is there a way to select a reminder time to an interval not shown in the Alert menu?

• 1 Tap the "Calendar" app on your iPhone's home screen.

• 2 Tap the day you want to create an alert for. If you've already created an alert on that day, a small dot will appear under the date. When the date is highlighted in blue, touch the "Add" button, denoted by a plus sign, in the upper-right corner of the screen.

• 3 Tap "Title Location" to enter a name for the event. Tap the "Title" field, then use the onscreen keyboard to type a name for the event. This is the text will appear when the alert appears on the screen, so ensure it is accurate. Tap the "Location" field, then use the onscreen keyboard to provide a location for the event you are being alerted about. Tap "Done" in the upper-right corner of he screen when you are finished.

• 4 Touch "Starts Ends" to enter details about the events start time. You can also enter an end time, but it not necessary. Tap "Done" after you've entered the appropriate information.

• 5 Select how often you'd like the alert to repeat. For example, if the alert is a reminder to pick your daughter up from dance class every Monday, select "Every Week" and you'll only have to set the alert once. Tap "Done" in the upper-right corner of the screen.

• 6 Touch "Alert" to select when you want the alert to appear. You can choose anything from five minutes prior to two days before, or you can receive an alert on the day of the event. You may want to remind yourself to pick up your prescription 10 minutes before you need to, but remind yourself of a soccer tournament two days in advance. Tap "Done" when you are finished.

• 7 Tap the Notes field at the bottom of the screen to add notes about the alert, if necessary. Tap "Done" when you are finished typing in any notes. Tap "Done" again to save the alert.

You could try an app like Calendar Event Pro which lets you set custom alert times.