What's new

Newly jailbroke, 3 questions

Ken55

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4 with version 4.3.5. I did a "tethered" Jailbreak with no issues.

I have a few questions:
If I find an app in the iTunes Store and I want to download it, what will happen now if I connect the device to iTunes and sync? Will it "wipe out" the jailbreak?

I also did an untethered jailbreak to my iPad 1 (4.3.3). I downloaded and installed "Movie Land" from Cydia. When I went to install Movie Land on the iPhone, I found it wasn't available in the list of apps to download from Cydia. Why?

Lastly, I downloaded "Winterboard". I also downloaded a bunch of different Lockscreen apps. However, none of them (except for one) will show up on either my iPhone or iPad. All I see is the Lockscreen wallpaper that I had there before. (Yes, I unchecked "user wallpaper"). As an example, I downloaded a Rolex watch lockscreen with the picture of a Rolex watch. It now says "Rolex" on the sliding unlock bar, but the watch doesn't appear, only the previous wallpaper image.

Sorry for the triple question long-ish post, but I'm sure many of the people will know the answers.

Thanks!

Ken55 said:
I have an iPhone 4 with version 4.3.5. I did a "tethered" Jailbreak with no issues.

I have a few questions:
If I find an app in the iTunes Store and I want to download it, what will happen now if I connect the device to iTunes and sync? Will it "wipe out" the jailbreak?

I also did an untethered jailbreak to my iPad 1 (4.3.3). I downloaded and installed "Movie Land" from Cydia. When I went to install Movie Land on the iPhone, I found it wasn't available in the list of apps to download from Cydia. Why?

Lastly, I downloaded "Winterboard". I also downloaded a bunch of different Lockscreen apps. However, none of them (except for one) will show up on either my iPhone or iPad. All I see is the Lockscreen wallpaper that I had there before. (Yes, I unchecked "user wallpaper"). As an example, I downloaded a Rolex watch lockscreen with the picture of a Rolex watch. It now says "Rolex" on the sliding unlock bar, but the watch doesn't appear, only the previous wallpaper image.

Sorry for the triple question long-ish post, but I'm sure many of the people will know the answers.

Thanks!

1. If you download anything from the AppStore. It will not wipe your jailbreak..

2. Discussion of piracy isn't allowed here at ipf.net please read our forum rules. http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/forum-rules-41/iphoneforums-rules-please-read-3711/

3. There might be compatibility issue with the lock screen your trying to install. What app are you trying to install.

1. If you download anything from the AppStore. It will not wipe your jailbreak..

2. Discussion of piracy isn't allowed here at ipf.net please read our forum rules.

3. There might be compatibility issue with the lock screen your trying to install. What app are you trying to install.

1. Thanks for the response; this is what I wanted to hear.

2. My apologies; I did read the rules and I had no idea that any part of my question had anything to do with piracy; I had no intent to break the rules. Since discussions of Cydia are allowed, I can only surmise that "Movie Land" must be a pirate app. Since it came from Cydia, I suspected nothing. My Jailbreaking experience is all of three days.

3. I installed "Winterboard". I then installed some lockscreen themes; southparklock, iSouth Park, Rolex Diver LS, and A Drawn Weather. None of these Lock screen apps will appear on the lockscreen, except for A Drawn Weather, which works. (I hope none of these are pirated!)

The reason why Movie Land is considered piracy because its designed to stream theater movies.
I checked on the lockscreen tweaks and I can't find a definite answer. Can anyone help with this concern. I'm getting a debian package error.

Last edited:

2. Discussion of piracy isn't allowed here at ipf.net please read our forum rules.

1. Thanks for the response; this is what I wanted to hear.

2. My apologies; I did read the rules and I had no idea that any part of my question had anything to do with piracy; I had no intent to break the rules. Since discussions of Cydia are allowed, I can only surmise that "Movie Land" must be a pirate app. Since it came from Cydia, I suspected nothing. My Jailbreaking experience is all of three days.

3. I installed "Winterboard". I then installed some lockscreen themes; southparklock, iSouth Park, Rolex Diver LS, and A Drawn Weather. None of these Lock screen apps will appear on the lockscreen, except for A Drawn Weather, which works. (I hope none of these are pirated!)

go to winterboars setting on your phone, now on the list where you will see the names of the themes and lockscreen themes you have installed, tap hold the right side end on the name of the theme which doesn't work and pull it up up up. Do that every themes not applying an then respring. If the themes are compatible, then they should work just fine after that.

go to winterboars setting on your phone, now on the list where you will see the names of the themes and lockscreen themes you have installed, tap hold the right side end on the name of the theme which doesn't work and pull it up up up. Do that every themes not applying an then respring. If the themes are compatible, then they should work just fine after that.

bab, thanks for the response. I tried this, and it doesn't work. However, if the particular lock screen theme replaces the "Slide to Unlock" wording with something else, that will show up properly. It's just whatever picture should be shown on the theme isn't there, just the previous wallpaper. I also have several home screen themes, and these work with no issues, it's just the lock screen that's causing problems.

bab, thanks for the response. I tried this, and it doesn't work. However, if the particular lock screen theme replaces the "Slide to Unlock" wording with something else, that will show up properly. It's just whatever picture should be shown on the theme isn't there, just the previous wallpaper. I also have several home screen themes, and these work with no issues, it's just the lock screen that's causing problems.
then i think that you are facing a compatibility issue.

then i think that you are facing a compatibility issue.

Could the fact that my iPhone is running 4.3.5 be an issue? My iPad is running 4.3.3, was jailbroken in a different manner than the iPhone, (not tethered vs. tethered) yet I am having the same issue with both.

Out of all the themes and lock screen apps that I tried, "A Drawn Weather" was the only one that displayed on the lock screen with no issues.

Note that if a lock screen or theme modified the slider or status bar, they displayed correctly. If I am the only one having this issue, then it must be something like a setting or something simple.