What's new

A few quick questions about jailbreaking...

ntech

Reaction score
Hi!
So currently I have an iPhone 4 4.1 jailbroken with lots of cracked apps, cydia mods and themes.
I decided I need to do an update to iOS 4.3.2 and jailbreak it.
1)Would this be the correct process of updating?
  1. Synchronise with iTunes
  2. Do a backup in iTunes
  3. download and install updates through iTunes
  4. also update the baseband(?)
  5. download and install the jailbreak for iOS 4.3.2
  6. sync my old cracked content back since it will be lost?
  7. done?
2) Do I need to do any other pre-cautions I don't know of? Like saving the SHSH blop things? Or doing a backup with other software than iTunes?
3)I guess after the install of the new iOS I will have lost all cracked content including themes and Cydia mods? So I will only be able to restore the apps since I have them in iTunes, right?

I guess that's it, I haven't done this before and don't wanna mess up the phone.
Thanks for reading. :)

Yes you know the method well, but itunes will not backup your jailbreak apps, it will only backup your pictures, apps from the application store, sms mms contacts and iOS settings and that's it. You can download APTBackUp and PKGBackUp from cydia to backup your cydia apps tweaks and themes, download both of those backup apps and use both of the to backup because if one is not be able to restore then the other one will restore after u upgrade your iOS. You can save your shsh if you are planing on downgrading your iOS after upgrading to 4.3.2, use tinyUmbrella for that and you are good to go. If u have any missunderstanding points i will be glad to help if i can so ask. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for clearing things up. :)
Another quick question about the carrier settings update(baseband). I currently have 02.10.04 and iTunes offers to update it. No idea what that does. Can it mess up something? My iPhone is GSM and bound to the network I bought it from.

Your baseband is a locked one, but after jailbreaking, limesnow or ultrasnow which is already available in cydia should be able to unlock your baseband. Here you need to find someone who is on the same baseband as you and who has successfully unlock their baseband with either ultrasnow or limesnow. If you can't find anyone, google for that, or if you want to take the bite alone, make sure you save your actual iOS shsh so that if after upgrading to 4.3.2 and afterjailbreaking you can't unlock it, you should be able to downgrade back to your actuall iOS. but i beleive that ultrasnow in cydia should unlock your baseband.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I managed to do everything without any problems!
Thanks for all the help. :)