What's new

Quick Question Friends..

jfish17

Reaction score
I have an Iphone 4. I attempted to jailbreak it off a website called <EDITED>. It had a "ready to jailbreak" button I had to click and then download a free app (that would change to cydia) in order for it to work. Then I had to confirm my credit card information to download the app even though it was a free app. I did, then then the app downloaded as the app and did not change to cydia. My question is, how likely is it that I just entered my information to some outside source, and how likely is it my iphone was hacked? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jake

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude there is no jailbreak available for iOS 7 (there is a tethered jailbreak for iphone 4 6.1.3 and that's the latest) , perhaps someone with more knowledge can help you... Still i think you should contact your bank.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Any site that wants your credit card details in order to access their jailbreak is a scam. Their sole interest is stealing your money. As the previous poster recommended, contact your credit card company as soon as possible.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

thing is, im pretty sure itunes was the pg. asking. I haven't downloaded an app since the new update. So I figured it was just updating my information because of the first download on ios7..?

thing is, im pretty sure itunes was the pg. asking. I haven't downloaded an app since the new update. So I figured it was just updating my information because of the first download on ios7..?
there's no problem with the AppStore having your credit card number, but the site you went to to get the supposed jailbreak is still a scam.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

appreciate the help. I know I probably should've done some more research before trying.. Like I said it didn't ask for my information until I clicked on free < download in the app store (or what appeared to be the app store). I just wanted to get on here to double check, made me a little cautious when the app didn't turn into cydia.
Thanks again

appreciate the help. I know I probably should've done some more research before trying.. Like I said it didn't ask for my information until I clicked on free < download in the app store (or what appeared to be the app store). I just wanted to get on here to double check, made me a little cautious when the app didn't turn into cydia. Thanks again
Whenever a genuine, working jailbreak for iOS 7 is released it will be free and will be announced here. If you find a jailbreak on the web and aren't sure about it, don't hesitate to ask about it here, many of our members and staff are jailbreak experts and will be glad to help you.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

Last edited:
If a site domain has the word jailbreak, ios, 6, 7, jb or the likes on it, it's obviously a scam. If it's legitimate, there's no reason to throw it out there that it exists. If it's legitimate, naturally it will spread. If it's fake, the scammers/attention hogs will make it blatantly obvious to attract attention, making it a fake.

The iPhone 4 on iOS 7 is only supported by OpenSn0w, which is a tethered only jailbreak and is 100% manual. If you're unfamiliar with Linux or iOS hacking/developing, then it's not for you.