What's new

New to themeing.

You don't have a settings for it, so it won't show up in the Settings app and you also don't get an icon. It's "on" when you install it.

Start using it by pressing/holding an icon until it starts to wiggle. Then, move the icon(s) to wherever you wish on the springboard and you should see them stay where you put them. Once you are done moving them around, press the Home button to stop the wiggling...

Marilyn

You don't have a settings for it, so it won't show up in the Settings app and you also don't get an icon. It's "on" when you install it.

Start using it by pressing/holding an icon until it starts to wiggle. Then, move the icon(s) to wherever you wish on the springboard and you should see them stay where you put them. Once you are done moving them around, press the Home button to stop the wiggling...

Marilyn
thank you, marilyn. just figured that out.. :-/ love it! having a lot of fun. but now does anyone know how to get non grid alignment as this theme shows in its screenshot?
4c7cb7e3-ef10-3dcb.jpg

Last edited:
thanks, G!! i'll try that. so nice to be jb'ed again!
4b978635-b88c-d10b.jpg

I love that dock setup!

Is there any way to use themes and NOT have them alter the SMS program? I have tried several and they all change the sms appearance as well. Unable to find any settings to leave it alone.

I love that dock setup!

Is there any way to use themes and NOT have them alter the SMS program? I have tried several and they all change the sms appearance as well. Unable to find any settings to leave it alone.
with iFile you can often delete the folder with SMS tweaks i think. bur there is no setting in Winterboard to ignore SMS tweaks that I know of. i too can't often see my texts in many of the themes since these "kids" often think black text on a dark blue bubble is readable :-(

with iFile you can often delete the folder with SMS tweaks i think. bur there is no setting in Winterboard to ignore SMS tweaks that I know of. i too can't often see my texts in many of the themes since these "kids" often think black text on a dark blue bubble is readable :-(

I'm afraid I'd hose something up if I mess with iFile too much. I've already deleted the sound files I hated. I might take a peek though, thanks.

just turn off all theme settings in winterboard. ssh into your phone from a computer and locate the text bubbles folder inside var/stash/themes/(whatever the default theme's name is) - the folder controlling text bubbles and text color within them is somewhere in there. and then copy that folder to your computer's desktop. then reset your favorite theme from winterboard and ssh in again to the theme you like and replace it's sms or text folder with the one on your desktop. i'm oversimplifying and will try it soon. when i'm done and successful i'll post the steps here. unless some kind theme-er here has a link already for preserving apple's default text bubbles window inside a new theme..

just turn off all theme settings in winterboard. ssh into your phone from a computer and locate the text bubbles folder inside var/stash/themes/(whatever the default theme's name is) - the folder controlling text bubbles and text color within them is somewhere in there. and then copy that folder to your computer's desktop. then reset your favorite theme from winterboard and ssh in again to the theme you like and replace it's sms or text folder with the one on your desktop. i'm oversimplifying and will try it soon. when i'm done and successful i'll post the steps here. unless some kind theme-er here has a link already for preserving apple's default text bubbles window inside a new theme..

Hmm. I havent messed with SSH yet. I just used iFile for my change so far.

iFile gets a little tricky in moving whole folders. ssh is like an ftp client that lets you into your phone with its wifi turned on. you need to make sure you immediately change the "root" password of your iphone from "alpine" (all iphones have this root password) to something else - so your friend down the block can't hack into your iphone... haha. download an ssh client software on your pc or mac. with a little foolin' around you can log into your iphone in short order. hey - have a fun "hacking night". get a coca cola and a soft pretzel and start a tech night. love 'em..... :-D

Is there a way to jailbreak the 4s without a computer? Cause I don't have a Mac with me for a long time for now. Something like jailbreakme.com?

Actually, I tried it on my win7 pc, and absinthe won't recognize the thing. Tried rebooting everything, but my damn 4s doesn't even show up. Windows recognizes it, but absinthe doesn't. Anyone?

Last edited:
Is there a way to jailbreak the 4s without a computer? Cause I don't have a Mac with me for a long time for now. Something like jailbreakme.com?

Actually, I tried it on my win7 pc, and absinthe won't recognize the thing. Tried rebooting everything, but my damn 4s doesn't even show up. Windows recognizes it, but absinthe doesn't. Anyone?

@pianoman

I'll play with SSH some tomorrow and see what I can do. That actually sounds kind of cool. There are some awesome themes I want- but I want my sms left alone lol.

@darweshs
You might have better luck on one of the several different jailbreaking threads. I'm on Win 7 64bit and mine worked so it can be done. Check some of those threads for more info.

darweshs said:

Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed because sometimes the drivers for mobile devices are outdated. Because the 4S is a new device it may require a newer version of iTunes. This may also be affecting the greenpois0n jailbreak because it uses up Apple's preinstalled mobile device drivers recognize your device.

Yeah I got it jailbroke in under 5 mins. Not sure why others took so long, as mine had only 0.5GB free space out of 16! Did it with a friend's Mac using absinthe. Absolutely love it.

iFile will be your best friend. Also SHH much quicker but I like iFile. I make all the changes there. Open it up and mess around with it. Always have a copy backup just in case. Drag it out to the desktop or copy them and place it in Dropbox or documents section.

Bookmark the sections for faster browsing. I bookmark themes, documents, iFile trash, and whatever file I need to get to.