What's new

New to themeing.

randizzard

Reaction score
Hello all... Just wanted to say forgive me for posting this thread here but this is going to be my new home for awhile : ) I am new to iPhone and jailbreaking as well as themeing. Curious to see who can recommend an awesome theme for my ip4. Already rocking word clock and dreamboard I just don't have any themes yet. Any recommendations are completely welcome and thanks in advance. I also have tons of questions do I might need to talk to a "pro" eventually lol

hi there!

I would not recommend dreamboard, because it is too heavy and reduces performance (sometimes lags) and it changes the clean and beloved iPhone springboard too much (makes it too Android-y).

Winterboard I think is a bit better (although you have to be careful not to overload it because you can find lagging there too).

A great winterboard theme worth checking out is UINique.

Anything you need just ask :)

Dan you still download apps from the app store even after the jailbreak/unlock? I mean from apples app store, not Cydia, directly from the iphone?

Edit: can, not Dan.

Last edited:
darweshs said:
Dan you still download apps from the app store even after the jailbreak/unlock? I mean from apples app store, not Cydia, directly from the iphone?

Actually no, I haven't been in the apple store since jailbreak. @marl I see what u mean by the android look and thanks for the suggestion will be checking that out very soon

I sent a MSG lol oops ok I am gonna try out that theme thanks a ton. Just glad too see new people actually get noticed

G-Weezy said:
There's a thread that show themes. Under show us your home screen. Should get ideas from there also.

Sweet thanks. I tried a couple naming a few darkhaz3, blackups hd, and unique hd. Haz3 caused serious lag but was beautiful, blackups wasn't anything special but also very good looking… and unque just wasn't my style. Gonna try a few more wish me luck lol.

randizzard said:
Sweet thanks. I tried a couple naming a few darkhaz3, blackups hd, and unique hd. Haz3 caused serious lag but was beautiful, blackups wasn't anything special but also very good looking… and unque just wasn't my style. Gonna try a few more wish me luck lol.

Good luck. Still waiting for my 4S jailbreak;)

Not gonna try it at all actually cause I registered my device with apple developer and am running beta software now. So no jail breaking for me:(

darweshs said:
Not gonna try it at all actually cause I registered my device with apple developer and am running beta software now. So no jail breaking for me:(

You can restore via itunes and the restore will take you back to 5.0.1. I did that the other day.

i'm also pretty new to theme-ing so if i may piggy back on this thread and ask you "versed" theme-ers how to change spacing of icons to leave upper rows empty to wrap around some of these theme backgrounds like "Elegant". the screen shot of the theme shows the first page of only 6 apps in manually positioned places even wrapping around Elegant's curved backgrounds. what app from cydia accomplishes that limiting of apps per page and manual placement of them?

and on some of these weather backgrounds how do you change the city to your own city? thanks - that'll get me started. :)

i'm also pretty new to theme-ing so if i may piggy back on this thread and ask you "versed" theme-ers how to change spacing of icons to leave upper rows empty to wrap around some of these theme backgrounds like "Elegant". the screen shot of the theme shows the first page of only 6 apps in manually positioned places even wrapping around Elegant's curved backgrounds. what app from cydia accomplishes that limiting of apps per page and manual placement of them?

and on some of these weather backgrounds how do you change the city to your own city? thanks - that'll get me started. :)

gridlocker will let you place any app or folder wherever you choose. to change your city its gonna depend on the theme but most will have a folder named "user options" or something similar in the main directory of the theme. and within that folder there will be a user editable file that contains this information.

Themes are located in "/private/var/stash/Themes/ to edit this information on the phone you will need a app in cydia called iFile or you can do it from a desktop/laptop if you have ssh installed and use a ssh client for pc or mac. for PC i use WinSCP and on mac i use cyberduck.

im not gonna go into detail on how to install ssh and use a desktop client or iFile since there are eleventy billion tutorials on the web just google it and you will get plenty of results and youtube walkthroughs.

gridlocker will let you place any app or folder wherever you choose. to change your city its gonna depend on the theme but most will have a folder named "user options" or something similar in the main directory of the theme. and within that folder there will be a user editable file that contains this information.

Themes are located in "/private/var/stash/Themes/ to edit this information on the phone you will need a app in cydia called iFile or you can do it from a desktop/laptop if you have ssh installed and use a ssh client for pc or mac. for PC i use WinSCP and on mac i use cyberduck.

im not gonna go into detail on how to install ssh and use a desktop client or iFile since there are eleventy billion tutorials on the web just google it and you will get plenty of results and youtube walkthroughs.
thanks very much! hugely helpful info. i'm learning iFile today.

hmmm. gridlock doesn't show up anywhere in apps window on springboard or in settings window. where do i turn it on and start using it?