What's new

Weather widget

dracuul420

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum and to making themes for iPhone, and iPod. I have most of my first theme completed but am wanting to add a springboard weather widget, could someone help with with the code plz? Any help is appreciated, a blank source code would b awesome. Thank in advance

I would suggest just using a weather widget from another theme instead of writing one from scratch

I second this. Reason being is that all or most of the kinks are worked out when using the ones from premade themes. If you want to change the format or the display of it and such, at least you have a base to work off of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

One more question, not about weather widget, or it may be I'm not sure. I noticed some themes have lock background.html and some don't, what is the difference

You can use the lockbackground.html to input a single location to have the clock widget to strictly one location. Otherwise IIRC, it uses your system time.

K, now all these different pieces make more sense. Thanx

Lockbackground.html would be for the lockscreen. If you change that file name to Wallpaper.html it can be used in your springboard.

Also check up on iWidgets. They are pretty cool to add weather widgets without respringing. I might make a video to show what it's all about.