Mix and Match Themes

Discussion in 'iPhone Themes' started by konikub, Jan 28, 2012.

1. konikub

konikub New Member

Is it possible to mix and match themes? I've been downloading a slew of themes...I even purchased two, and I was curious if there was a way to put two themes together?

For example. Can I put the icons of Existenz into the theme of Elite Pro HD? (those are the two I have bought....and so worth every penny)

The hottest overall theme I have seen through out the phone is Elite Pro HD, but the icons are not my style...the hottest icons I've seen so are from Existenz.

Is the process of combining the two just switching out folders from one to the other?

2. bab2010

bab2010 Well-Known Member

Yes, use winterboard to setup the themes the way you want.

3. Jmills87

Jmills87 Well-Known Member

Yes, but unless the themes you want to mix and match have separate folders for each aspect (eg lockscreen, icons, dialer, etc) you will have to manually delete the files you don't want from each enabled theme

4. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

The easiest way I have discovered to mix and match themes is to create your own theme that is built from elements of others. Then, you can modify it at will.

I find it's easier to have you own theme for two reasons: (1) You can remove the Cydia themes after you've copied what you want and (2) if you were to ever have to re-download those themes, all your changes would be for naught (if you made the changes in the Cydia theme).

As long as you don't share/sell/give your "mix and match" theme with/to others, which would be a copyright issue (whether you bought it or if it was a free Cydia theme), creating your own theme just saves lots of hassles, IMNSHO.

Marilyn