What's new

New to iphone

After a few weeks of using an iPhone, you'll forget there was ever any other way. It's inevitable that you'll occasionally think "Why can't it be like it used to be?" but that should pass once you get to know your way around the OS.

First time I laid my hands on an iPhone, I pressed too long on one of the apps and couldn't figure out what the hell to do to stop all of the apps jiggling. That seems like eons ago now.

Hopefully Monday for me as well!

0a70d857bfa8121519f73979e12696de.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I am coming to IPhone 7+ from many many years of using Android. The Note 7 recall brought me to IPhone.... I have had the phone 5 days now and get around and use it but... it is soooo much different than Android. I miss the back button... I miss pressing anywhere on the screen to take a picture, I miss closing all apps not in use...I found where you can swipe them up to close them... is there a way to do all of them? One of the major things I miss... the notification lights. I have no idea I have messages or calls unless I have the phone with me at the time they happen.... Any help on getting these??? Thanks a bunch... I can definitely say I absolutely LOVE the battery life.

I am coming to IPhone 7+ from many many years of using Android. The Note 7 recall brought me to IPhone.... I have had the phone 5 days now and get around and use it but... it is soooo much different than Android. I miss the back button... I miss pressing anywhere on the screen to take a picture, I miss closing all apps not in use...I found where you can swipe them up to close them... is there a way to do all of them? One of the major things I miss... the notification lights. I have no idea I have messages or calls unless I have the phone with me at the time they happen.... Any help on getting these??? Thanks a bunch... I can definitely say I absolutely LOVE the battery life.

Welcome to the real world.

Press the volume up button to take a photograph . Hold it to take a burst.
Don't bother closing all the apps. Let the phone manage its own memory.
Don't think there's an equivalent for notification lights. I assume that's an external light that stays on to show you missed a call/message?

Stick around and ask as many questions as you want. That's what we are here for.

Memory management in iOS is much better than in Android which means that you rarely have to close apps except in the rare cases where an app is misbehaving in the background, such as the Facebook app.

You don't have notification lights on the iPhone but you do have the Notification Centre which can be accessed from any screen, including the lock screen, by swiping down from the top of the screen to reveal any unanswered notifications, messages, and missed calls.

You can enable the flash on your iPhone to signal incoming push notifications or calls by going to Settings>General>Acessibility>Hearing>LED Flash for Alerts and turning on the switch. The flash will illuminate for a second or two to signal an incoming push notification and will flicker during an incoming call. This can cause severe battery drain if you receive a lot of notifications, though. This works best when the phone is laid face down. When the phone is face up the screen will light up showing the incoming notification or message in a pop up box.

Thank y'all. I got the IPhone 5 years ago but after a month I returned it and went back to Android. I think I am going to give it a try this time.
I had the same phone...for a weekend. Wasn't getting phone calls in my living room, where my previous phone (a Galaxy) was getting them before the phone change. Took it back three days later. Ultimately found out that my phone was looking for AT&T towers and I only had Centennial coverage...

Back