What's new

New to iphone

Skridger

Reaction score
Greetings,

I was an android user for many years, then the last couple years on Windows. I just ordered my first iphone. (7 plus, matte black, 256GB)

I consider my phone basically a mobile gaming platform that I happen to make calls on once in a while. With iphone being such a music machine, this may play more of a role for me now too, but I'm sure I'm still going to mainly be interested in games.

From what I've read, I may have a bit of a wait for the device, which is a shame because my windows phone died on me 2 days ago. (Which is what prompted the upgrade) In the meantime, any tips or tricks for a newbie? I'm sure there must be threads devoted to such things. Any game recommendations?

Thanks!

Chris

Hi Chris and welcome.

We are always around to help. I'm not a gamer but plenty are so you should be able to get a wide range of help, both with games and phone operations.

I imagine the screen size will be of great benefit to gamers.

Sweet man. Congrats and welcome aboard.

Infinity Blade is the first MUST HAVE game. Any part, just get it as soon as the phone is unpacked. Thank me later.

Just watched a trailer for infinity blade. It definitely looks good.

Just watched a trailer for infinity blade. It definitely looks good.

its not bad at all. I was addicted for a long time. Other games such as star wars heroes has me really addicted atm and the mario jump game coming in december will be good...

Asphalt 8 is another good one. It depends what kind of games you are into and if you want to pay to download, or just stick to the free games

The wait is going to kill me. Wouldn't be so bad if my Windows phone hadn't have kicked the bucket, but I'm so used to pulling out my phone whenever I'm idle. I keep reaching in my pocket and there's nothing there, lol! I do have a work phone, but I can't do anything fun with it.

My provider says they're at apple's mercy, but they give me a little hope when they say that they suspect that I'll get my phone sooner than most others because I've ordered the 256GB version and there are apparently not too many people waiting for that with them. They say if I had have ordered the 32GB non-plus, it'd be 4-6 weeks. I guess I was the first person he had talked to who has ordered the 256GB plus, and he's been talking to people about the iphone 7 all day.

I had to go to best buy last night to pick up a power bar to set up some new entertainment equipment. They had a 7+ on display. Boy is this going to take some getting used to. I couldn't even figure out how to get out of the first program I clicked on, lol. I'm used to there being a "back" button, but there doesn't seem to be one. I only played with it for a minute or so, I'm sure I'll figure it out once I have one in-hand.

I had to go to best buy last night to pick up a power bar to set up some new entertainment equipment. They had a 7+ on display. Boy is this going to take some getting used to. I couldn't even figure out how to get out of the first program I clicked on, lol. I'm used to there being a "back" button, but there doesn't seem to be one. I only played with it for a minute or so, I'm sure I'll figure it out once I have one in-hand.
Maybe you and I can form a support group. lol

Maybe you and I can form a support group. lol
That's what we at this forum are here for; to help our fellow members with their questions and problems.

Hello and congrats on your purchase! I too switched from android but it was a while ago. It took me a little bit of time getting used to the functionality of the phone and its OS But in the long run the iPhone is much simpler to use then android IMO. There is a back button lack yes. When you are in the apps you can see a back button on the left top corner of the screen. To get out of the app you have to press the home button the only round one it has. It takes time. I am no expert by all means. I watch tips and tricks videos about iPhone on YouTube and learn something new every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk