What's new

New to iphone

Update:
I will not be using the iPhone until the weekend - give me some time to get used o it (hopefully)
A decent number of apps installed automatically - a pleasant surprise
No back button will take a lot of getting used to
Really missing widgets - depend on the google search bar - we'll see how that goes
Haven't figured out if there's a way to rearrange the icons on the home screens to get the ones I use most on 1 page
More later.

Update:
I will not be using the iPhone until the weekend - give me some time to get used o it (hopefully)
Really missing widgets - depend on the google search bar - we'll see how that goes
Haven't figured out if there's a way to rearrange the icons on the home screens to get the ones I use most on 1 page
More later.

Here's how to rearrange icos:

How To Delete/Move Apps on iPhone 7 - YouTube

I tried several times with the store displays and never could get it. Not sure if it's just me being a noob or if seeing how it's a display device they have this option disabled. Guess I will find out when I get mine LOL

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

More later.

Yes, there is. Press and hold any app icon. Then when they start to wiggle, you can drag them around. To drag from one page to another, drag the icon to the edge of the page. Don't touch the "X" in the corner of the icon while you are doing this or you will delete it.

An alternative way is to drag one of the apps out of the dock, and use the space created to flip between screens. Drag a new app into the dock, flip to the screen you want it on and drag it out again. Repeat as required. When you are done, press the home button, the apps will stop wiggling and the "X" in the corner will disappear.

You can put apps into folders by dropping one onto another. Initially this will create the folder, which you can drop more apps into.

If you make a mess and want to restore defaults, go to Settings/Reset/Reset Home Screen Layout.

Update:
More later.

Regarding Widgets, there is sort of a widget screen, it just doesn't work exactly the same way. Swipe all the way to the left and you'll get a screen that defaults with some news/weather. Scroll to the bottom of this page and click the edit button. Here you can add and remove widgets. I haven't used this panel a great deal yet, but I discovered it the other day and customized it a bit.

Edit: You can also re-order the widgets by holding and dragging the 3 line icon to the right of each one.

Edit 2: I'm assuming we can install new widgets for this screen, but I don't know this for sure.

Regarding Widgets, there is sort of a widget screen, it just doesn't work exactly the same way. Swipe all the way to the left and you'll get a screen that defaults with some news/weather. Scroll to the bottom of this page and click the edit button. Here you can add and remove widgets. I haven't used this panel a great deal yet, but I discovered it the other day and customized it a bit.

Edit: You can also re-order the widgets by holding and dragging the 3 line icon to the right of each one.

Edit 2: I'm assuming we can install new widgets for this screen, but I don't know this for sure.

You can add more widgets or get rid of the ones you don't want. Scroll to the bottom of the widget screen for the edit button.

Here's a question for the gamers. I notice a lot of my games have an achievement system in common. (White bar will emerge at the top of the screen with a blurb about what achievement I've won) Where do I go to view my earned achievements and see lists for each game?

I'm also new to iPhone, I haven't received it yet. Hopefully former android users and ios users will be helpful.

While I've only been here a sort while the folks are definitely friendly and helpful! You'll find the support you need here for sure.

I'm also new to iPhone (this is day 2 with my 7 Plus) and I know we're not the only converts, so there will be a support group for former Android users of sorts here LOL

Tapped from my iPhone 7 Plus

I found the answer to my question regarding achievements. Game center is no longer an app on the phone, currently can only view achievements within individual games. (If the dev has programmed in this functionality) In other words, no longer a fully functional achievement system. :(

Another question though: Is there a way to make notifications more prominent? Right now, when I pick up my phone, I have no indication that there are unread notifications. I know that I can pull the window shade down to check, but I am a forgetful person. All my previous phones had icons that showed on the home screen to let me know there was something there to check.

Another question though: Is there a way to make notifications more prominent? Right now, when I pick up my phone, I have no indication that there are unread notifications. I know that I can pull the window shade down to check, but I am a forgetful person. All my previous phones had icons that showed on the home screen to let me know there was something there to check.

Have you enable the apps to show notifications on the lockscreen?

Or do like @KevinJS recommended ... can't forget that way :)

Back