What's new

Need help! Important!

I read that post, and what I am trying to do is downgrade. I had a 4.3.5 iPhone 4, then I unlocked and jailbroke it using a GEVEY SIM and redsn0w, then I wanted to upgrade to 5.0, but the restore that I did before trying to upgrade just put me in a recovery loop, so now I am trying to downgrade to 4.3.3. I never saw my phone on the iOS 5, therefore, the update was never successful.

This is what I am doing to downgrade.

I put my iPhone into DFU mode
I open TinyUmbrella (while having the boxes you said unchecked) and start the TSS server
I open up iTunes, and SHIFT+Click 'Restore' and select the firmware named iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw
iTunes usually gets to the part of "verifying iPhone restore with Apple" or "Waiting for iPhone" and during the whole process, my iPhone has the Apple logo with a 0% progress bar
The progress bar usually gets to about 3/4 and then iTunes 'aborts' and displays an error message, sometimes '1', '2', '3194'

I have been getting error 2005 without iTunes even trying to update the iPhone, I click 'restore' and it just 'extracts the firmware' then attempts to connect to the Apple servers but fails.

Please help
G-Weezy, thanks for your help

Have you actually downloaded the blobs from Cydia using TinyUmbrella? You MUST have 4.3.3 showing in the general tab on TU to be able to restore that firmware. It doesn't just magically make it happen if you don't have the blobs saved locally. Try following this guide - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...ave-your-shsh-blobs-using-tinyumbrella-18924/
It's the first few steps which are REALLY important. They will get your blobs saved onto your PC from Cydia (assuming you have them).

Last edited:
Like f4780y and G-Weezy said, running TinyUmbrella is not going to do you any good unless you have the SHSH saved for whatever firmware you are trying to downgrade to. Without the SHSH it is impossible to downgrade.